Chapter 28

Zoe's POV

For the rest of the afternoon, Ashton had sat with me cuddled up on what I think was Calum's bed talking. We spoke about what happened earlier at the blue lagoon and that just ended in both of us sitting quietly for a while to avoid an argument. I'm thankful that I have friends like Luke, Ashton, Calum and Michael. While Ashton sat with me, Luke, Michael and Calum explained the situation to Lucy and why she can't say anything to anyone. I don't know what else they told her because they wouldn't tell me but I trust the boys.

Lucy left the boys cabin five minutes ago to go and get the other girls so we can all walk down to the beach for the bonfire together. The night is starting to settle in so no one will notice us girls coming out of the boys cabin.

"Hey, the others are here. Are you guys ready to go?" I hear Luke at the door and Ashton clears his throat. I love when he talks and I have my head on his chest.

"We'll be out in a sec." Both boys are silent for a moment before I hear the door shut. "Are you ready to go?" He shifts around trying to sit up, but it's hard when I'm on him.

I sigh before squeezing him once more. "I guess." I sit on the edge of the bed and wait for him to get up. He ruffles his hair before grabbing my hand and pulling me up. we head out to the others and we all walk down to the beach without a word about what happened before or why Ashton and I are holding hands.

When we get down to the beach, some people are still in the water, some are standing around the fire and some are lounging around near the sand dunes. The other girls run down the beach and play around together. The boys all hang around me, and I'm ok with that.

We sit near the fire talking until the sun sets completely and I can only see the boys faces because of the light from the fire. The other girls finally came over to join us.

"This has been so much fun!" Maya says and the other girls agree.

"Hey, so I've heard about your band." Kat says to the the boys and they all have smiles on their faces. "I've listened to some of your music and I think it's really good. I have a friend I want to show your music to. Would that be alright?" She asks and Calum nods immediately.

"Yeah sure, let us know what they think." I hold back a giggle. Calum is obviously crushing on Kat and she's just being oblivious to it.

Ashton stands up and we all look to him. "I'm just going back to the cabin. I'll be back in a second."

"Did you want someone to come with you?" Maya says before he can walk away.

"No, I don't want to bother anyone." He says simply and smiles.

"You wouldn't be bothering anyone." She smiles sweetly. "Go on Zoe." I whip my head around and furrow my eyebrows at her.

"Me?" She nods her head and I only just make out a wink from her. I don't know what she thinks is going to happen. We won't be gone that long. I sigh and get up. I glance over at Maya and when no one else is looking at her, she gives me a thumbs up. I roll my eyes and start walking with Ashton.

"You don't have to come with me." I nod my head.

"I know, but I am anyway." We get close to the edge of the front dunes. "So why did you need to go back to your cabin?" He shrugs.

"I wanted to get a drink." We walk in silence until we get to his cabin door. "I can't believe we have one day left." I hum in response.

"Do you know what we're going to do tomorrow?" I follow him into his room.

"No idea. They kind of really decide in the moment what they're going to do." I nod in response. He picks up his water bottle from his bedside table and starts heading for the door where I'm standing.

"Hey Ash," I say and he stops in front of me. I'm silent for a second before I look up at him. "Thank you for earlier. Most people wouldn't even ask me if I'm okay, what you did really helped." I placed my arms around his neck and stood on my toes so I could kiss his cheek. He was warm and soft, he made me feel safe and free. I leaned back a little so I could look in his eyes. How did someone like him end up in my life? I've needed someone like him there for me for a long time. Before I really know what's happening, his arm snakes around my waist and I'm pressed against the wall.

"Can I kiss you?" He breathes in deep waiting for my response. I've been waiting for this since the last kiss with him. Without a second thought, I lean in to him so my lips are pressed to his soft pink ones. It was as good as last time, but I have more control. My arms tighten around his neck and he pulls me closer to him if that was possible.

My feet leave the ground as he holds me up against him. He sighs my name softly when he stops for a breath. I smile at him because I know I haven't made a mistake kissing him.

He throws his water bottle on the floor and lifts me up with both of his arms so I'm more supported. My legs go around his waist and his lips resume their position against mine. Never in my life have I felt something like what I'm feeling for Ashton Irwin.