Chapter 3

Zoe's POV

"Good morning Ms Anderson." Mrs Wright says as I smile at her and walk into English. It's Friday morning and I'm dreading speaking with her about Ashton's tutoring. I've only had one tutoring session with him so far and it went horribly. I understand why he needs tutoring. He just can't focus, all he does is drum his fingers or tap anything he can find. He really was born to be a drummer. I have another session with him tomorrow but he's probably forgotten about it. He gave me his address on Wednesday before he left so I can just walk around to his house and hope he's prepared.

I place my books on my desk and take a seat. "Zoe? Could I please speak with you after class?" Oh crap. She's going to ask how it's going and I won't be able to tell her anything because we didn't do anything. Unless I lie. But I can't lie because then she would know because Ashton wouldn't know what I told her he knows. This is just messy and I think I'm over thinking this. I'll just tell her the truth. We've only had one session anyway. "Right, well." The bell rings and Mrs. Wright tries to start the class. "Quite please!" Everyone gets quite except for two boys sitting in the back. "Excuse me Mr Hemmings and Mr Hood. My class has started, so your conversation should have finished." She raises her eyebrows and everyone turns to look at them in the back of the classroom. I didn't realise they were in this class.

"Sorry Ms." Luke clears his throat. He just thinks because everyone loves him, he can get away with whatever he wants.

"Right, today we're going to be continuing from where left off last lesson. If you could please open you writing books, grab out your Romeo and Juliet books and open to page 54."

I don't understand why the education department thought it would be a good idea to make us learn about the same play for three years. Like honestly, we could be learning something useful or even something relevant.

~*~

"Zoe, how's it going? With Ashton I mean." I clutch my books to my chest tighter and nod my head.

"Yeah alright, we've only met once so far. He seems very distracted." She nods her head and hums.

"I've noticed. May I ask when your next meeting is?"

"Tomorrow." She nods again.

"Good. You're understanding what you have to help him with?"

"Yes." Not really.

"Alright, well I'll see you on Monday then."

I nod and smile. I just need to get out of here. I just realised its lunch and she used up most of my practice time. I quickly throw all my books into my locker and speed off to the music rooms. I think I'll just stick to guitar since I don't have much time.

I shut the door quietly behind me and grab the guitar reserved for me. Like usual, I play around for a bit before getting my sheet music. I get half way through a song when I hear soft murmurs. Not again.

"Holy shit, she is good. You were so right." I quickly get up and swing the door open.

"Calum, what did I tell you?" I glare at him and he sheepishly smiles. "Why did you bring Hemmings here?" I grit my teeth and try to stay calm.

"He wanted to hear you play."

"You're really good." I tear my gaze away from Calum. My eyes widen as I look at Luke. People start walking down the hallways and I really don't want them to see me here with them.

I grab their arms and drag them into the room with me. 

"Woah, okay." I shut the door behind us and Calum smiles.