Chapter 31

Zoe's POV

Last week Michael told us about the school's fundraiser and we've all been excited to go. My only problem is that I forgot about the insignificant little detail called my mother when I said yes.

"Mother," I say as I walk into the kitchen the morning of the sleepover.

"Yes?" She doesn't lift her eyes from the paper, just continues reading which makes me feel more at ease.

"Well the school is having a fundraiser tonight and I was wondering if I could go."

"What?" She look up at me over her glasses.

"It's a sleepover at school on the oval."

"I don't know.. Honey, what do you think?" She looks at my dad and he shrugs.

"I think she should go. After all it is at the school so it's not like anything bad will happen." She 'hmms' in disapproval but eventually sighs and says ok.

"Thank you. I'll be home tomorrow after it's finished." I head up to my room to start gathering the few things I will need. While grabbing my pjs, I hear my phone buzz. I pick it up and see I have a text from Ashton.

Ashy 10:45am: 'Hey are you coming tonight? :-)'

'Yeah! :D'

Ashy 10:47am: 'Cool, the boys are coming to mine around 4 so we can go together' I don't know what to say to this. Is he inviting me to come then too? 'I was wondering if you wanted to come with us?' He says after I don't reply to his text.

'I'll be there :)'

~*~

"It's Zoe!" I hear Michael yelling through Ashton's house as soon as I walk in the door.

"Zoe's here!" Calum yells from upstairs and I suddenly feel scared as I close the door behind me. I soon hear heavy footsteps running down the stairs and see Michael and Calum coming towards me like two little puppies. They both launch themselves at me and I'm slammed into the door in a hug. Luckily, I had my bag to stop myself from hurting anything.

"Hey guys." I hug them both back and they let go as soon as they hear Ashton's voice.

"Hi Zoe." He walks over to us and gives me a hug as well.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Michael yells out and runs around. How much sugar has he had?

"Just letting you know I'll be taking you around five." Anne walks past us all with the washing basket and the boys nod at her. I must agree with Michael, I'm quite excited for tonight because I've never actually had a sleepover with friends.

"Do you guys want to go play xbox?" Ash suggests to the boys and Mikey cheers before racing Calum upstairs to Ashton's room. "You alright?" I nod my head and offer him a smile.

"Yeah, I'm excited about tonight. Maybe not as excited as Michael, but I am. It's going to be my first sleepover." I mumble the last part with a blush forming on my cheeks.

"Really? Wow." We head upstairs and find the boys playing some car game on the xbox.

"Ash, grab your controller! Lets race to the top of the mountain." Mikey calls him over and I go and sit on his bed. Okay, I buried my face in his pillow. It smells so nice, just like him. They play games for the hour before we have to leave and I lie in Ashton's bed watching them. When 5pm rolls around, Anne sticks her head in the doorway.

"Are we going now?" Cal pauses the game and gets up.

"I'm sorry boys, I don't think it will be on tonight because its pouring outside." I roll over to the other side of Ashton's bed and pull the curtains open to reveal the miserable and rainy afternoon.