Chapter 50

Zoe's POV

The next morning I woke up hazy. The sun is streaming in through the open curtains and feels warm on my exposed skin. Ashton is still asleep and I can tell by the dead weight of his arm keeping me close to him. As much as I would like to lie here with him all day, we have graduation in a few hours and we need to get home. I gently slide out of his embrace, wanting to leave him to sleep while I use the bathroom. There's a slight pain between my legs when I stand, so the trip to the bathroom is slow. After putting my hair up I get in the shower and let the warm water run over me as I think about last night.

"Thinking about me?" I turn around to the sound of Ashton's voice. I didn't even hear the bathroom door open.

"No..." I say trying to hide my red cheeks. "We have to be at graduation in two hours so go put your suit on so we can leave." I say to him as I reach for the soap. He steps into the shower behind me and kisses behind my ear.

"Can't we just stay a little longer?" He takes the loofa from my hand and massages it all over my body. He cups my breasts as he kisses my neck and he makes it hard to say no. I stand lost in his arms for a moment before I'm brought back to reality.

"Ash no." I say. If he called all the shots we'd never get anything done! I rinse myself off and kiss his soft lips before stepping out of the shower and wrapping myself in a big fluffy towel. "Don't be too long." I say as I step out of the bathroom. Knowing that I can't get my dress back on without help, I wrap myself in my towel and look out the window at the streets far below. It's peaceful here with no mothers yelling, only the white noise of air conditioning and the shower running.

When Ashton emerges from the bathroom he goes straight for his clothes. He looks good in just a towel. Figuring he was taking what I said seriously, I also get dressed. I hold my dress up around me and face my back to Ashton.

"Can you do this up please?" It takes him a moment to come over to me but when the zip reaches the top, his hands linger.

"You look so beautiful in this dress." He says and I giggle because he has said it so many times since I put it on yesterday.

~*~

"Zoe Anderson." The principal calls my name and I walk across the stage to collect my certificate. I shake his hand and I walk off the other side of the stage. When I had gotten home earlier my mother had yelled at me for being out all night and I came up with some dumb excuse. I don't think she realises now that I have this certificate I can do whatever I want. I mean it's not like she would even care about that, she didn't care enough to come to the graduation. Zali and Aaron came which was more than enough for me. She waves at me from the crowd where they sit with Ashton's family.

"Ashton Irwin." Ashton's name gets called and a cheer rings out for him like it did when the other boys walked across the stage. I can't believe he actually graduated. I mean, without my help he wouldn't have been able to get here, which makes me proud.

After the ceremony was over we all met with our families before Michael, Calum, Lucy, Kat, Maya and Luke came over to Ashton and I. "Hey! We're thinking of going out for food if you wanted to come." I say goodbye to Zali and Aaron and we all head out to the parking lot. Ashton throws his arm around me as we walk.

"Thanks for getting me to grad." He says as he kisses my temple. Just what I was thinking earlier, but it is nice to hear him say it. "I did get you something as a thank you and a graduation gift but..." he scratches the back of his neck and we stop walking so I can look at him. He pulls out a small box and when I open it I'm met with a beautiful diamond pendant necklace.

"Ash this is beautiful." I throw my arms around his neck and my lips meet his. "Help me put it on?" I say as I pull it out of the box and hand it to him to put on.

"Are you guys coming or what?" Calum calls from the car and I kiss Ashton's cheek before taking his hand and pulling him towards the car.

~*~

"Toooo... to us! To us for making it to grad. We started as four boys hanging out in Ashton's garage and made it here with girlfriends!" Michael yells out while holding up his glass. After getting a late lunch we all came back to Ashton's and the boys decided this was a good time to celebrate. Michael may have celebrated too hard too fast. "Zoe!" Michael yells out my name and I give him a smile. "You are the best thing that happened to us! Without you we wouldn't know what we know and have what we have. I love you!" Michael tackles me on the couch into a hug. In a sense he's right, except it would be me that wouldn't have any of this without them.

"Who wants to do shots?" Calum calls out and Michael quickly sits up, yelling out he wants to. I'm pretty sure he's at his limit, but I'm not going to stop him.

"Hey Zoe," Lucy calls me over to her with a wave of her hand. "Sooo..." She says to me thinking I will understand what she's asking. "You and Ash... What happened last night?" She almost bursts with excitement wanting to know the hot gossip. I didn't know friends were this invested in their friends sex life.

"Uh... what do you want me to tell you? We did it?"

"You did? What was he like?"

I look over at Ashton not hesitating on my answer. "He was sweet and sensitive and it made me love him even more."