Chapter 24

Zoe's POV

"We should play a game!" It's after dinner and Lucy, Maya, Kat and I are all sitting around in Lucy and my room.

"Like what?" Kat asks Maya excitedly. Maya thinks about it for a second.

"Truth or dare?" She states and the girls all cheer. Truth or dare? I've never actually played that game. I've never had friends to play with. "This would be so much fun if the boys were here too."

"Ok Maya you're first because you suggested it." Lucy claps and Maya pouts.

"Fine."

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth." Maya says without hesitation.

"Is it true you had sex with Jacob?" Maya opens her mouth in protest as her face goes bright red.

"Yes." The other girls squeal.

"He's so hot! How did you land him?"

"Ew, I'm not telling you that." Maya scrunches up her face.

"Oh come on! I would tell you." Lucy pouts at Maya and Kat giggles.

"Let's just move on!" Maya says over the top of everyone else. "Kat, truth or dare?"

"Dare!" Kat rubs her hands together. Someone loves a good dare.

"I want you to go scare another cabin." Kat gets up excitedly and runs for the door.

"Do the one across from us! They'll laugh it off." Kat nods and heads outside. We stick our heads out the front door and watch as she creeps around the side to the window with the light coming out of it. Seconds later we hear Kat yell and four screams following. We all giggle from our cabin and open the door for Kat as she runs back over. We sit back down on the floor and Kat looks at me.

"Zoe! Truth or dare?" I bite my lip. Truth or dare? They could ask me something really personal for truth so..

"Dare."

With hesitation Kat responds. "I dare you to go over to the boys cabin and steal a sock from each of them." Maya and Lucy look at Kat.

"Ashton, Michael, Luke and Calum?" She nods her head. I get up and head for the door. This is my first ever game of truth or dare. I want to do well, I want to impress them.

I head outside into the darkness and head to the boys side of camp. I don't know how I'm going to find the boys cabin.

"Calum! Get back here with my toothbrush!" Calum and Luke run out of the cabin three down from the one I'm at. "Ash! Help me!"

"Don't help him! Help me!" Cal calls out while Luke chases him. Ashton strolls out of the cabin after them with an amused look on his face.

"I'll help you!" Michael runs out of the cabin and Calum throws the toothbrush to him. The boys are all now out of the cabin. Perfect. I quickly sneak in behind them and into the room on the left. By the looks of it, Luke must be in this room as his clothes have all been torn out of the suitcase and rummaged through. I pick up a white sock out of the mess of clothes and look for the suitcase of the person on the other side. I find it in the cupboard and when I unzip it I'm met with black boxers. I awkwardly move them to the side and rummage around for a pair of socks. Instead of socks I find a familiar shirt and I immediately know who Luke is sharing with. I'm rummaging through Ashton's bag.

I quickly find a pair of balled up socks and take one of them. I throw the stuff I pulled out of the bag back into it and swiftly move into the room on the other side. The socks are easy to find for Michael and Calum as they're so messy. Mission complete! Now to get out undetected...

"Why did you have to steal my toothbrush?" The front door slowly pushes open and my heart stops. I run into Ashton and Luke's room and hide in the cupboard. Here's hoping they go into the other room. "You could have stolen anything else Cal." The bedroom door squeaks open. "Stealing my toothbrush it's gross." It's silent for a moment before the door shuts. I breathe out a sigh of relief.

"Guys I'm just going to quickly change my shirt before I come in." My eyes widen in fear and I look around my small space for somewhere better to hide. Ashton is going to find me! All to soon, the door squeaks open and the cupboard door soon follows. I huddle into my corner, thank God Ashton didn't open the other door. He pulls his suitcase out and pulls out a white t shirt. He slips off his shirt from today and slips the new one on. I forgot how good he looks without a shirt.

"Zoe?" I look up and meet Ashton's eyes.

"Hello." I give him a cheesy grin but don't put my guard down.

"What are you doing in my cupboard?"

"Oh you know..." I've got nothing witty or smart to come back with. He opens the other door and holds his hand out to help me up. Once I stand, my legs feel weak and tingly from being curled up like that for so long and I start falling to one side.

"Are you alright?" Ashton puts his arm around my waist and pulls me in to him.

"Yeah, um my legs are asleep." We stand there for a moment longer before I get an idea. "Hey Ash, you and the boys should come over to our cabin. We're playing truth or dare and it would be better with you guys there." He gives me a smirk and nods his head.

"What if we get caught? We could all get in a lot of trouble." I shrug my shoulders as he leans in closer to me.

"So? Are you scared?" I challenge him and he backs down.

"Sounds fun. I'll get the boys over when you leave." The girls will love this. He releases me and I head for the bedroom door. I look back at Ash and give him a smile before opening the door. "Zoe! What's that in your pocket?" The socks!

"I'm just happy to see you!" I say as I run out of the room, out of the cabin and all the way back to my own cabin.