Chapter 51

Zoe's POV

"Mother I'm going out!" I call through the house. Now that I've graduated I don't have an excuse for leaving the house. I'm hoping she won't notice.

"Where are you going? You need to start on university applications." She emerges from the kitchen with folded arms.

"But it's really important." I say trying not to sound like a whining child.

"Too bad, go and do your applications." She points to the stairs and I follow her order. So much for not being stuck under her thumb anymore. I stomp up to my room like a child and slam my door shut.

Zoe: 9:30am: Hey I can't make it today have fun

Ash: 9:35am: What? Why? We were going to that quad bike park!

Zoe: 9:36am: I know but she won't let me leave

I throw my phone onto my bed and sigh as I sit down at my desk. I guess there's nothing left to do but applications. After sitting for twenty minutes I hear a tapping at my window. I look over and see Ashton looking back at me with a smile on his face. Last time he came it was night time and he was less likely to be caught. Now the stakes have risen because it's day time and my mother could come in here at any time. I go over to the window and open it for him to come in.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper to him after he plants his feet on the floor.

"Well if you can't come, I don't want to go so I told the others to go without me." He shrugs and I plant my face in his chest for a hug and think about whether I should feel grateful or guilty he's missing out. "And besides they were all going to be coupley which would have been annoying without you." He wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on my head.

"You didn't have to come here though. What if my mother catches you?" I ask and he shrugs again.

"So what are you doing?" He asks looking over at my desk.

"Ugh just applications. Some of these places just sound so stuffy." He looks through the pile of flyers my mother has been collecting for me and nods his head in agreement.

"So-"

"Zoe? What are you doing in there?" My mother yells from the other side of the door and fear takes ahold of my body. Without thinking Ashton jumps out the window and signals for me to open the door for her.

"Nothing, why?" I say hoping she can't tell something is up.

"I thought I heard voices." She eyes me suspiciously and glances around my room.

"I was watching a campus tour video, maybe that's what you heard?" Defeated, she sighs.

"I need to go out, I'll be back in about an hour." She gives me a thin smile before walking away from my bedroom door. That was a close one. When I hear the front door close, Ashton comes back into my room. Instead of stating how insane my mother sounds, he just starts laughing and eventually I join in too.

~*~

Ten minutes had past since my mother had left and we decided to watch a movie. We curled up on my bed together and all I could think about was the last time we were in a bed together. It made me feel dirty in a way, but I'm not sure why. Ashton was a respectful man who was cautious of my wellbeing at all times. It's not like he was only looking out for himself. Maybe because it was my first time and he wanted to stay in my head. If that was his intention, it worked. I haven't stopped thinking about him and that night, and if I'm being honest, him being in my house with the possibility of my mother coming home at any time makes me want him even more.

"Are you even watching this?" Ashton laughs and I look up at him. His smile, his hair, the vibration his laugh sends through his chest, God I want him so bad.

"Of course." I say trying to sound interested. Maybe I shouldn't act on my crazy thoughts. I try to focus on the movie but get distracted when his hand slips from my hip to my butt. I don't want to make a big deal out of it but maybe he wants me now too. He squeezes my cheek slightly and I take it as my queue to take matters into my own hands. I roll on top of him and press my lips to his as his hands firmly grasp my butt. My hands run through his hair and over his sharp jawline and slowly the itch I had for him was being scratched.