Chapter 41

Ashton's POV

Last night Zoe and I went on a date and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. Not only about how sexy she is but also the sadness behind her eyes. While we were waiting to race she was staring off, I think she was thinking about her sister. Zali Anderson. Where would this girl go? I wonder if she knows how she affected Zoe? Has Zoe ever tried looking her up on Facebook? I grab my phone and look her up. The third account that comes up is a girl that looks exactly like Zoe but older and with shorter hair. How could she not look her up online? Her profile contains pictures of her and a guy I assume is her boyfriend, pictures of a dog and information about herself. I don't know why she would want a public profile. It has her likes, her education, her career, her check-ins, even where she's living. She seems to have only moved one town over which is odd. Seriously, why has Zoe never looked her up? Should I message her or tell Zoe first? What would I even say to her?

Fb message: 10:08am: Hey Zali you don't know me but I'm a friend of your sisters and I wanted to know if you were interested in meeting up with her.

When she doesn't reply after ten minutes I decide to get up and get ready for band practice. The boys should be here soon anyway.

"Hey Ash." I hear Zoe's sweet voice from the doorway of my room as I change my shirt.

"Zoe! You're here early." I say surprised but glad that she's here before the boys.

"Yeah my mother was yelling at me to do some stuff so I just left." She rolls her eyes while she puts her bag down and sits on my bed.

"Hey..." I say, not sure how to start. "We need to talk." She furrows her eyebrows and I assume she thinks this will be bad.

"Uh, okay." I sit down next to her and pause for a moment.

"You know how we were talking about your sister the other night?" I clear my throat. "Well I looked her up on Facebook and she isn't actually that far from here." Now she looks even more confused.

"You looked her up?"

"Yeah. By the way why have you never done it?"

"My mother monitors my phones downloads and searches. How is she doing?" She says changing the subject away from her mum.

"I mean it looks like she's doing well. I messaged her before you came but I haven't gotten a reply yet." She starts crying and I'm unsure of what to do. I thought this was a good thing? Maybe they're tears of joy. She throws her arms around my neck and buries her wet face.

"HEY!" Michael yells as he walks in the room. "Ok we will be downstairs!" He walls out of the room and pushes the others along with him.

"Thank you Ashton." She whispers. It's the least I could do for her.

It takes a little while for her to stop crying and the redness in her eyes to go away so we head down afterward.

"Finally!" Luke says when we get to the garage. "We have a lot to get through." He says and I furrow my eyebrows. I didn't know we had much to go through?

"You good there?" I say to Zoe as she sits on the couch. When she nods I head for the drums. As Luke talks about chords and lyrics I watch her as she stretches out on the couch and gets a notebook out. Everything about her is so god damn sexy: her smooth legs that flex as she moves her foot, her curves, her hair, her smile and the way she bites the end of her pencil softly drives me crazy. Does she know what she does to me? To think I was ever mean to her, that boy was a fool.

Zoe's POV

"Ashton are you listening?" I hear Luke say to my left and when I look up, I see Ashton staring at me. Calum slaps the back of his head and he snaps out of his trance I had apparently caught him in. Why was he staring at me? I'm just doing some homework. He can't be that interested in it because I'm sure not.

"Of course I'm listening!" He says as he looks between his bandmates. Not buying his story they all look over at me and I shrug, not understanding why he wasn't listening. Speaking of homework, I really need to organise an actual tutoring session with Ashton. I don't want his grades to fall because of our relationship otherwise he will have to get another tutor. I bet it would be another girl too and look what happened when I tutored him. That poor girl would be sucked in by his beautiful eyes and his smile and wouldn't know how to get out. Why couldn't he be uglier? What am I thinking? This "other tutor" doesn't exist as long as I can keep his grades up. I just need to chill out.

"Hey Zoe!" I hear Calum call my name and my head snaps in his direction. "Could you show me those chords we did the other day? I forgot a few of them." He scratches the back of his neck and I get off the couch more than happy to help.

"Zoe," I stop playing when I hear Ashton say my name and he looks up from his phone. "It's a message from your sister."