Chapter 43

Zoe's POV

Ashton 9:32am: Hey what are you doing today?

Zoe 9:34am: nothing planned, have something in mind?

Ashton 9:34am: beach? meet at mine in 20mins?

I don't know if I will be able to get away with going to Ashton's two days in a row. I get changed into my cutest bikini and throw some clothes over the top before grabbing my bag.

"And where are you going?" My mother appears out of no where. I know if I say Ashton's she'll never let me leave.

"The um library." I pull my bag close and walk past her.

"Don't say um. It makes you sound like an idiot." She says in a sharp tone as I slip out of the house.

When I arrive at Ashton's, Harry answers the door. "Zoe!" He hugs me. I wish I had affectionate people like the Irwin's in my family. "Where are you going today?" He asks as we walk inside.

"The beach." He folds his arms and gives me a pouty face.

"Ashton!" He yells up the stairs angrily. "You said you were going clothes shopping! You know I love the beach!" He runs up the stairs and I assume into Ashton's room where he keeps yelling at him for lying. As I roll my eyes, his mother walks towards me from the kitchen with Lauren.

"Hi Zoe, what are they fighting about?" She says and Lauren sighs knowing it's something stupid.

"Ashton lied to Harry about where we're going."

"Mum!" Harry runs down the stairs. "Tell Ashton he has to let me come!" He whines.

"Harry don't be rude, I'm sure Zoe and Ashton wouldn't want you going on their date." He scrunches up his face at his mums answer and crosses his arms like before.

"I don't mind if he comes with us." I say to them and his face lights up.

"Please mum." He begs and she rolls her eyes.

"Fine but Lauren has to go so Ashton and Zoe don't have to babysit you."

"What? Why would I want to babysit him?" Lauren says as Ashton comes down the stairs.

"Ready to go?" He asks before looking at everyone else in the room.

"We might have to wait a few more minutes." I say as Harry runs upstairs to get changed.

"I can't believe you let him suck you in." He laughs at me while pulling me into a hug.

~*~

"Race you down the beach!" Harry yells back at me as he runs off again. How does this kid have so much energy? We've only been here a few hours and I'm already tired. Instead of chasing after him I decide to relax next to Lauren.

"So you finally got tired of Harry? He always does this when we come to the beach." When I lie down I feel like I won't be able to move for a while as I'm so tired.

"That kid should join a running club." I say as I cover my eyes from the sun. Lauren laughs next to me. The sun is warm on my body but when it suddenly goes cold and wet drops fall onto me I uncover my eyes ready to yell at whoever was blocking my sun. "Ashton!" I say when I see his wet, sandy face. "You're blocking my sun."

"Come down to the water with me, it will be more fun than lying around or chasing Harry." He grabs my arm and tries to pull me up. I groan in defeat, not wanting to go and let him pull me up.

"Let Harry know we'll go for ice cream soon." I say to Lauren as I get pulled away from her.

"Have I told you you look hot in that bikini yet?" Ashton says as we walk to the water. My face turns red and I turn away so he can't see it.  Trying not to think about his comment, as soon as we get to the water I splash him which does turn into a splash fight. He laughs as I splash him and he gets a mouth full of water which he then retaliates to by tackling me into the waves.

"Ashton!" I push my hair out of my face while laughing and he shakes his hair like a wet dog. He laughs at my reaction and pulls me into him.

"I heard we were getting ice cream?" Harry comes running out to us, ending whatever moment we were about to have.

"Of course, are you ready to leave now?" I ask him while getting out of Ashton's arms.

"Yeah!" Harry runs excitedly out of the water, expecting us to follow.

"Well I guess the beach day is over." Ashton laughs as he takes my hand and we walk out of the surf, back to the beach.

"Well I had a good time." I stop him from walking and decide to be bold and kiss him.

"Come on already!" Harry calls out impatiently and I part from Ashton's lips to smile at how cute Harry is being about his need for ice cream.

"We should go." Ashton says while pulling me closer to him. My barely clothed body gets pressed against his warm glistening chest, which makes me want to give anything not to leave this spot. We stand there for a moment, completely lost in each other so much that we don't notice Lauren walk up to us.

"Uh, are you guys coming or what? Harry's already at the car." Ashton's hand slides from my back and I step away from him.

"So what flavour are you going to get Lauren?" I ask as we pick up our stuff and head for the car.

"Not sure yet, maybe chocolate chip."

"Are we talking about ice cream flavours?" Harry says when we reach the car. "I'm going to get three scoops, all chocolate." I look over at Ashton as he looks at me.

"Should you be giving him that much ice cream?" I say quietly to him as Lauren and Harry get in the car.

"I have no idea. I've never even seen him finish two scoops." He pauses for a moment before we both start laughing.