Chapter 27

Zoe's POV

As soon as we arrived back at camp, the teachers announced there was going to be a campfire on the beach tonight. My friends all cheered so I guess we're going to the bonfire tonight. Ashton is still being salty, he needs to just get over himself if he wants to have fun for once.

We all head for the showers to waste time before the bonfire. I finished quickly so now I'm lying in my room waiting.

"I'm bored!" My eyes snap to the window in panic. Michael is standing there with a wide smile on his face.

"You scared me."

"Are you going to let me in or do I have to stand out here and wait to be caught?" I get up from my bed and head to the front door to let him in.

"Why are you here Michael?" I ask him after I shut the door behind him.

"I was bored. I thought someone fun would be here." I stuck my tongue out at him and we both laugh before he pulls me into a hug. That reminds me..

"Hey where were you earlier?"

"I um," we sit down on my bed and he tries to come up with an excuse. "I was sun baking?"

"Michael! Don't lie to me!" I tackle him and he lands on the floor.

"Alright I'm sorry. I was with Maya." A smile comes to my face.

"Doing what?"

"Uh, you know.." He gives me a cheeky smile and I jump off the bed and land on him.

"Michael! Did you actually? Out there?" He hugs me and chuckles.

"Not that. We were just making out and stuff."

"And stuff?"

"Never mind that, I saw you and Ashton on the beach bickering like an old married couple." My face turns red and I slap Michael's chest. "What was that for?" He groans.

"For changing the subject and for bringing that up." I grumble.

"Well I was done with the other conversation and I'm interested in this."

I groan. "He was just being salty and got mad at me about going to the town." I roll off Michael and lie next to him on the floor.

"You went to the town?"

"Yeah I met up with Jarred. He took me on a tour, It was really good." Michael rolls his head to the side so he can see me.

"Well there's your problem, you met with another guy."

"Why is that a problem! He's a friend. Would Mr Salty be mad if he knew I was here alone with you?"

"That's different."

"How is that different? You are male. You are my friend."

"I don't know." He says after a while. "Could you please just sort it out with him? He's annoying as fuck when you two fight." I furrow my eyebrows and continue staring at the ceiling.

"Are you mad at me?" Michael pulls me into him and I can't help but laugh when he starts tickling my sides.

"Michael!" I squealed just as the door to my room opened.

"Oh! Hey Michael." Lucy walks in with all of her showering things in her arms. She's dressed in light pink and blue, which looks very cute on her.

"Hey Lucy, are the others back?"

"The guys are, they were walking in front of me. The other girls might be there a while." I giggle as Michael gets up.

"Did you two want to come back to the cabin then?" Lucy nods her head quickly and I don't get time to politely decline. "Cool, come on Zoe." Michael offers me his hand to help me up. I don't want to go to their cabin because Mr Salty will be there. "Zoe!" Michael groans, grabs my arms and hauls me up. I mumble a 'fine' and we start walking over to the boys cabin.