Chapter 8

Zoe's POV

"Morning Zoe!" The tall blonde boy pulls me into a hug. We've been friends for about three months now and he loves hugs. I still haven't told my parents that I'm friends with the four boys let alone that I have friends. I don't plan on telling them for a while because I know they would disapprove of the musical boys.

"Hey Luke."

"Zoe!" Calum and Michael run over and hug me together. They love hugs too.

"Hey."

"How was your weekend?" I ruffle their hair and they scowl as they fix it up.

"Yeah, it was good. I just did some studying." They still don't know about Ashton's tutoring.

"Morning guys." Ashton strolls over to us on his phone.

"Hey Ash." The boys all say in Union.

"Morning." I smile at him when he looks up. When you spend a lot of time with someone like him, you learn a lot about them. Like his moods and daily routines, it's all very interesting, like observing a lab rat. Except he's a very cute rat. I'm not sure what I feel for him yet, but I hope it grows so I can fully understand it.

"Hey so we're all going to Calum's house tonight. We're going to order pizza and watch movies." Luke and Michael smile like little children on christmas. That sounds like so much fun but Ashton has tutoring tonight. Also my parents would get suspicious if I was out later than I usually am.

"That sounds great guys, but I can't." Michael groans dramatically.

"Why not?" He whines.

"I have stuff to do." I sigh and Ashton clears his throat behind me.

"Sounds good. Straight after school?" My eyes flick to his in disbelief. Is he blowing me off? Why? I am tutoring him for free and he doesn't want to show up now?

"What?" I glare at him and he laughs.

"What's wrong Zoe? Just because you have to miss out doesn't mean everyone else has to." He smirks at me and the other boys giggle.

"It's ok Zoe." Michael throws his arm around my shoulder and smiles down at me. "We can do it another day as well so you can come." I can't believe Ashton. He wants me not to tell his friends and he goes and does this?

"Fine." I grumble and grab Luke's hand. "Come on Luke we have biology." I drag him behind me and he chuckles.

"Hold on a sec." I slow down so he can walk properly next to me. "Are we still on for lunch today?" I nod and force a smile at him. Every Monday and Thursday Luke and I have been practising in the music room. He is quite helpful as he knows a lot about a lot of instruments. It helps that he takes music so he can teach me what he learns in class. "You wanna talk?" I know he's talking about what just happened. I don't know if I want to talk about it or not. Maybe I should tell Luke about Ashton's tutoring to get back at him. It would also be easier to hide it if Luke knew and I could complain about Ashton to someone.

"At lunch." He nods and I pull him to our table at the back of biology.

~*~

"Ok spill." Luke always seems to be in the music rooms before me and I don't know how. I sit across from him on one of the tables.

I sigh. Maybe I shouldn't tell him. Ashton will be really mad if he finds out. But it wasn't fair that he blew me off and he's always rude to me. "Okay, you have to promise not to tell anyone." He nods his head. "I'm serious Luke, no one else knows about this."

"Alright, I promise."

"It's about Ashton."

"Is there something wrong with him?"