Chapter 2

Zoe's POV

"Let's get this over with." I turn around to see Ashton rolling his eyes.

"Your place or mine?" I smile sweetly, just to annoy him.

"Let's go to yours. Are your parents going to be home?" I shake my head and start walking home.

"You know I have a car. I can drive us there." I hesitate before turning around to look at him.

"Okay.."

"Ash! We're all going out for pizza! Wanna come?" I look past Ashton's huge build to see Michael smiling at him.

"I wish man. Mum wants me home to help out with some stuff. Maybe another day?"

"I'm holding you to it!" Michael points at Ashton as he walks away. His smile doesn't falter once. After Michael is far enough away, Ashton starts walking over to his car.

He opens the door for me and I mumble a thank you as I slide into the seat. As he gets into his seat next to me and puts on his seat belt, I glance over at him.

"What?" He scrunches up his face as he starts the engine.

"Nothing.." I choose my words carefully. "Have you not told your friends about your need for a tutor?" That wasn't very carefully chosen.

"Pfft.."He squirms in his seat and clears his throat. He so hasn't. He throws a smirk at me and winks. "You could be doing something so much better with that mouth of yours."

What the hell is wrong with the male population? The second he becomes uncomfortable he reverts to being an asshole. My eyes go wide and if I had a drink I probably would have thrown it on him by now. "Pull over." I mumble and his smirk falls.

"What, right now?"

"Ashton, pull over right now." I bark. He pulls over and I get out of the car. "I hope you fail school." I mumble as I walk away from his car.

"Zoe!" I hear a car door slam closed. "Zoe, wait." I continue walking home and he runs to catch up to me. "Zoe, please." He grabs my arm lightly and I jerk away from his touch.

"Leave me alone Ashton!" I whip around to glare at him. "We haven't even started with tutoring and you can't help but be an asshole! This obviously won't work out so just go and have fun with your friends." I turn around again. "You'll also probably want to get a new tutor." I start walking again. He hasn't said a word. "Maybe one without standards." I mumble when I get further away from him.

"Zoe." I didn't realise how quietly he walks. This time he grabs my wrist. I try to struggle my way out of his grip but he only tightens it. "Zoe listen to me." He grabs my face and forces me to look at him. "I'm sorry I'm an asshole. I can't really help it. No, I haven't told my friends because I don't want them to shorten our band practice just for me. Please help me. I need you to help me." His grip on me loosens and I look down at my shoes.

"Fine." I say after a moments hesitation. Ashton breathes a sigh of relief and smiles. "Just stop with the stupid comments, okay?" He nods his head and a small smile finds its way onto my face.

"Come on." He heads back to his car and I follow him. After getting settled back into the seat, Ashton drives off. "So where exactly am I going?" He takes a hand off the steering wheel and looks at me.

"High Road." He nods his head and turns down the right streets to get there.

"You actually live quite close to me." I nod my head quickly. Why do I care? "Just so you know for further references or meet ups."

"Number 26." I say, ignoring his comment as he turns down my street. Once he parks in my driveway I jump out of the car and head for the front door. I pull my keys from my bag and unlock the front door.

Once inside, I dump my keys and shoes at the front door and walk up to my room, not bothering to wait for Ashton. He can find his way.

I quickly chuck my bag on my bed and pull out my books I need. What to start with? I've never actually tutored someone before so this will be quite interesting.

Ashton curiously pokes his head into my room as I finish pulling out all my books.

"Oh, found you." He smiles and I slightly nod my head. He's a bit strange, I wonder if he's all there?

"We're going downstairs to the dining room." I push past him and he starts mumbling behind me. "What was that?" He chuckles slightly as I quickly walk down the stairs.

"I just said I already know where that is." I give him a questioning look and he raises his eyebrows slightly. "I meant when I was looking for you." He makes a twirling motion with his finger. "I went around your whole house." I nod my head. It will just be easier to agree with him.

I drop my books on the dining table and proceed into the kitchen. He casually sits at the table and watches me through the half wall dividing the kitchen and dining room.

"Do you want anything?" I open the fridge and pull out the milk. "We have tim tams or anything healthy." He bites his bottom lip and I quirk a eyebrow, waiting for his response.

"I guess I'll go with tim tams then." He smiles and I roll my eyes. Of course he would go with that. It's kind of embarrassing that my family has only healthy food. This is why I never have people over. Well, besides the fact that I don't have any friends.

I grab the whole packet out of the fridge and pick up my milk before walking into the dining room. I may as well give him the whole packet. He hungrily opens the packet as I put my milk down and open my books.

"So what are we starting with?" He shrugs his shoulders as he devours a tim tam.

"How should I know?" It looks like I really have my work cut out for me.