Chapter 37

Zoe's POV

I jolt awake and slowly open my blurry eyes. What time is it? Crap! I'm still at Ashton's! He has me wrapped in his arms and he's sleeping peacefully. I knew we shouldn't have watched that movie! I fell straight to sleep and I bet Ashton wasn't awake long after me. I slip out of his arms and grab my bag from the floor. God he looks hot when he's asleep. I turn the tv off and kiss him on the cheek before leaving his room quietly.

"Zoe?" I hear from behind me as I walk down the stairs. I look behind me and see Lauren yawning.

"Hey, what are you doing up?" She follows me down the stairs and I stop at the front door.

"I wanted a glass of water. What are you doing here?"

"I was just heading home. I'll see you later." I open the front door.

"Are you sleeping with my brother?" I turn around and stare her down, mortified.

"Of course not Lauren. We went on a date and we fell asleep watching a movie." She giggles before walking away.

"Whatever you say Zoe. See you." I shut the door behind me and I want to slap myself in the face. Great, now Lauren thinks we're sleeping together. Why would I be leaving in the middle of the night if we were? Well I still would be because of my deranged mother but she doesn't need to know about that. What will happen when we do sleep together? What would I tell my mother? Why am I even thinking about this? I think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. I quickly walk home and try not to think anymore about it.

~*~

"Good morning Zoe, what time did you get home last night?" My mother asks me when I walk down the stairs at breakfast time.

"Around 11pm, I told you we had a lot to go through."

"Fine. Your father and I are going out today. I need you to clean the house up. We will be home around dinner time."

"Are you kidding but I-"

"No buts, Zoe. I want it done today." She picks up her handbag as my father walks downstairs and they head out the door. I can't believe her.

Michael 8:31am: ZOE r u cmin 2 prac 2day

Me 8:31am: Why are you texting like a loser?

Michael 8:32am: Shut up are you coming or not

Me 8:32am: Can't. Mother is making me clean the whole house before she gets home.

Michael 8:32am: sucker

Me 8:32am: MICHAEL!

I didn't know they were meeting today, they don't usually. I'm so annoyed that I have to clean the house. This would have been the perfect opportunity to go. I eat breakfast and get changed angry thinking about my mother. When I get downstairs and try to decide where to start, the doorbell rings. Who would that be? I open the door and I see four boys looking back at me.

"Zoe!" Michael yells and grabs me in a hug. Why are they here? I'm wearing my oldest clothes, I don't want them to see me like this. This shirt has holes in it, they could have told me they were coming so I could put on something nicer.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask as Michael lets me go.

"Michael told us you couldn't come today and your mum was out of the house sooo we thought we would come over." Calum says as he hugs me.

"Did he also tell you I'm cleaning the house?" I say as I hug Luke.

"Michael!" They all groan at Michael and he just laughs.

"Hey." I say when I get to Ashton.

"Hey." He says back. "I didn't hear you leave last night, you could have told me, I would have walked you home."

"This is awkward, I think we're going inside now." Michael says as he pushes the other boys inside.

"It's not what you think Michael!" I say to him and he laughs in response. "I saw Lauren last night when I was leaving and she thinks we're sleeping together." His mouth forms a straight line before he laughs at his sister.

"As long as it's only her and not my mum, it's fine."

"Do you want to go inside?" I say and grab his hand to take him inside. Instead of moving forward he pulls me back into him and kisses my lips.

"Now I do." A blush comes to my cheeks as I smile up at him.

Inside the boys are on the lounge chatting. "So what does everyone want to do? You have the options of vacuuming, mopping, bathrooms, dusting or kitchen."

"I call vacuuming!" Ashton yells before any of the others can.

"Mopping!" I yell just as Calum is about to.

"Kitchen!" Luke yells. I'd hate to be Calum and Michael, bathrooms and dusting are the worst jobs.

"Dusting I guess then." Calum says and Michael groans.

"I hate doing my own bathroom let alone someone elses." He says and we all laugh. We all leave Michael on the couch and go to our allocated areas. I can't mop until Ashton is done vacuuming so I head to my room to clean it up.

~*~

"Who thought it would be a good idea to come see Zoe?" Michael says as we all fall on the couch.

"Yours!" The boys all yell at him and he cracks a smile knowing he annoyed them. I'm glad they came because it took me a third of the time it would have to do it by myself. Although Michael did slow me down because I had to keep helping him. Ashton also kept stealing kisses when no one was looking which makes this all worth it.

"So my house next week?" Luke says and the boys all throw pillows from the couch at him as he laughs. Luke throws the pillows back at them and they start having a pillow fight. I don't know how they have so much energy.