Chapter 26

Zoe's POV

"Good morning everyone!" The head teacher walks into the food hall and silences everyone's chatter. "I just wanted to let you all know there is a bus going over to the blue lagoon if any of you would like to join. It leaves in half an hour out the front." I look over at the others.

"Did you guys want to go?"

"It sounds like fun." They all nod along and quickly finish their breakfast so we can get ready.

"Hey Zoe," Lucy catches up to me as I'm walking back to the cabin. "Did you think we could go on the eco cruise tomorrow?" Eco cruise? That sounds really good.

"Yeah sure. It sounds like fun."

"Great I'll ask the others later." We walk in silence for a moment.

"Hey Lucy," I look over at her. "What do you think of Luke?" A smile immediately comes onto her face and her cheeks are painted red. I think I already know the answer.

"Luke? Oh, um.. H-he's nice." I raise my eyebrow at her. She knows that's not what I meant. She looks away from me. "He's really cute." She admits in a small voice and a big smile grows on my face.

"Good." She looks over at me this time with her eyebrow raised.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I happen to know that he has a crush on you." Her whole face brightens.

"Really?" I nod my head and she bites her lip.

"Just thought you would want to know." We stopped in front of our cabin. "I'm going to get changed, I'll be out in a second." She stands just outside the door as I go in. "Luke!" My eyes snap to the lanky boy stretched out on my bed.

"What?" He gives me one of his cute Luke smiles and I roll my eyes.

"You know you shouldn't be here. This isn't your bed. Or your room. Or ever your cabin." I open my cupboard and rummage through my stuff for a cute bikini and clothes to wear over it.

"So?"

"How is it going with Lucy?" I change the subject because I would obviously get no where with arguing.

"Lucy?" He goes quiet for a moment so I look over my shoulder at him. He has the biggest smile on his face. Honestly, these two are exactly the same. "Luke." I say his name and his eyes snap to mine.

"Huh?"

"Lucy. Thoughts."

"Oh, She's really pretty.."

"And?"

"I think I have a crush on her..." I squeal and jump on him. He groans in complaint but I just hug him.

"I knew it."

"So what do I do?" I look up at him and give him a sheepish smile.

"Well, I might have already told her you have a crush on her."

"What? Zoe!" He throws me off the bed and I plop on the floor.

"Sorry! But you should know she feels the same way."

"Really?" He tackles me on the floor into a hug and I laugh.

"Yeah, she's also standing outside the door." He lets go of me and his eyes widen.

"What?"

"Yeah, and you also have to leave so I can get changed."

"Zoe! I can't go out there!" I get up and head over to the wardrobe.

"Ok, then I guess I'm just going to take of my shirt." I start to lift my shirt over my head and Luke yells and covers his eyes.

"Alright! I'll get out, just keep your clothes on for the love of god." I giggle and pull him into a hug before he leaves. "Ashton would kill me if I ever saw you without clothes." I hear him mumble as he walks out. The blush creeps up on my cheeks and I stand there shocked. What?

~*~

"Wow! It's  so clear and beautiful!" Lucy, Maya, Kat, Michael, Luke and Calum all dump their stuff, strip and race each other down to the water. Ashton puts his towel down and pats the spot next to him. I sit down next to him and we sit in comfortable silence for a moment.

"So-"

"Where-" We both speak at the same time and I blush.

"Sorry, you go."

"Where did you go yesterday? You missed out on some hardcore card games, napping and swimming." I giggle and think about telling him the truth. Should I tell him I was with Jarred? Thinking about Jarred makes me think about the kiss we shared and what I said to him after. "Hey," Ashton nudges my shoulder and snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm, I went into the town." He raises his eyebrow at me. "I met up with Jarred. He wanted to give me a tour of the island." His jaw clenches and he nods his head slowly. "He showed me around the shops and shacks and took me to see the cape lookout, the sand dunes and he brought me here. It was really fun."

"I bet he also gave you a tour of his bedroom." I scrunch my eyebrows and look up at Ashton.

"I'm sorry?"

"You heard me."

"Why are you being so salty?" I stand up and head down to the others splashing around in the water. What is his problem? He asked what I did yesterday and I told him. I guess I could have lied to him but he would be mad at me regardless. And it's not like I'm his property or anything. I'm not even his girlfriend. He doesn't have authority over me and he definitely has no say about what I do. God, he makes me mad.

"Zoe!" Kat and Lucy call out and pull me into a hug. This is weird.

"Group hug!" I hear Luke and Calum yell from behind me and they jump onto the back of our group hug pushing us all over into the water.

The girls giggle when they come up for air and I look around for Mikey. He would never pass up a hug, let alone a group hug.

"Where's Mikey?" The boys both smirk at me.

"He went off with Maya." Luke and Calum fist bump each other.

"You two are disgusting." I laugh at them as soon as I get what they are implying.

"What, it's true. It exactly what they were going to do. Mikey told me." Calum laughs.