Ghosts

Jayla's P.O.V

I sat next to Jeremy as Elena told him about Lexi "Elena I'm not even sure Lexi is the other side" I lent forward and eyed Jeremy "the other side is that what its called" I asked crossing my arms on the table "that's what Anna calls It, she says its like being here with everyone but we cant see or hear her" Jeremy replied sadly, I raised my eyebrows at him "don't you think we've learnt our lesson with summoning the dead" Ric commented looking over at Elena and I "I mean Vicki blew up my car" he added "yeah but Vicki had help from a witch on the other side, Anna is all alone" I felt uneasy as Jeremy's eyes shifted to the empty seat next to Ric "do you think its even possible to contact Lexi" Elena asked completely oblivious to the distant look in Jeremy's eyes "I don't know, I never had emotional connection to her I mean I never even meet her" he shot back.

I sat back and slowly let my body slide down the chair "Elena maybe we should just drop it" I suggested twirling a dark ringlet around my finger "no Jayla we won't drop it because I have no idea on what else to do" Elena snapped shifting her eyes over to me "Jayla's right Elena don't you think we have a few to many dead vampires in our past to be sitting here thinking of them watching us" Ric exclaimed glancing around the grill,  I looked at Jeremy who was still staring at the empty seat next to Ric "Jeremy is Anna here right now" I asked, his head snapped up to look at me "no, no I'm going to go check my work schedule" he said sending me a smile before disappearing into the grill.

"Hey guys, thanks for inviting me to the family lunch" I jumped at the sound of Stefan's voice as he sat down, he picked up one of the journals and flicked through the pages "wow look at all these words I forgot how much I used to care" he said throwing back on to the table "I didn't" Elena choked out staring at him "you know Elena its probably best if you don't torture yourself over past memories, its best if we both just move on" he said harshly, Elena looked down as I snorted on anger "Stefan you don't need to be here" Ric spat through clenched teeth "your right Ric but Jayla and Elena's here and I'm looking out for them. There's are party to night so there's going to be lots to eat" my head shot up as I stared at Stefan, he let out a chuckle "I'm kidding, I'm kidding loosen up" he smirked bumping my shoulder as he got. Elena turned to us "I can't just drop it Ric" I signed standing up "well I'll go find Jeremy then we can leave" Elena and Ric nodded gathering the journals together.

I opened the bathroom door and gasped, Anna and Jeremy pulled away "Anna" her face dropped as she stared up at me "you can see me" I nodded looking up at Jeremy with disappointment, Elena ran in with the phone to her ear "and how do we do that" she asked looking over at Anna "yeah well Jayla just walked in on Jeremy kissing Anna so I'm completely okay with that" Anna looked down while I just stood there awkwardly "I wish, look I don't have the necklace Damon has it somewhere but I can get it" then she hung up, Elena turned away and I went to follow her when Jeremy caught my arm "Jayla listen you can't tell Bonnie" I snorted and turned to face him fully "Don't worry your going to do that"

I walked over to Damon who was sitting next Ric and....Mason, when I reached them Damon instantly put me behind him "Jayla its nice to see you again" Mason greeted waving at me, I smiled tightly "you to Mason" he smirked at me and turned back to Damon "right don't you have a family to haunt or something" Damon asked Mason sarcastically while sipping his bourbon "you do realize that Klaus turned Tyler into a hybird minion" he added smirking, I hit his arm "that's why I'm here" Mason said leaning closer to us "to help Tyler" Damon chuckled and shook his head "well hate to break it to you buddy but Tyler can't be helped at least not while Klaus is alive which is like....always" I silently giggled, Mason shook his head "no not necessarily not if you can find a weapon that can kill him"

I lent over Damon to see Mason "there is no weapon to kill him" I said softly, Masons eyes flickered up to mine as a slight smile played at his lips. Damon pulled me back "what do you know Mason" Mason smirked and tilted his head "I know you need to apologize" I giggled knowing it was impossible "you got to be kidding me" Damon sneered slamming his drink down "come on are you incapable of remorse just apologize" Ric said turning to Damon, I placed my arm on Damon's shoulder "just apologize" I whispered quietly "your right I didn't have to kill you but sometimes I do things I don't have to do" Damon stated, Mason laughed "alright that's good enough, meet me at the Lockwood cellar and bring a shovel" Masons looked over at me "and come alone" Damon snorted and grabbed my hand "what your going bury me alive" Mason stood up and started walking away  "don't tempt me".

"I can't believe you kissed her" I said in disgust as I followed Jeremy and approached Anna "let it go" I shook my head. I froze when we reached Anna "aww its little Jayla and the other Gilbert kid"  Fredrick spat "what are you doing here" Anna spat, before he could answer a loud piercing scream rang through the crowds of people, we turned to see Mr Ross hanging from a tree covered in blood.

"Jayla whats going on" Elena asked as I was engulfed in a hug "the ghosts from the tomb are killing people from the founding families" she pulled away and dragged me over to Jeremy "where is Anna now" she demanded, Jeremy shook her head "I don't know and I'm not even completely sure she took the necklace" I scoffed and hit his arm "of cause she did Jeremy,  she was the only one who heard us talking about it. Now we have to get the necklace and get to Bonnie so she can destroy it and close the door to the other side" I told him sternly,he looked at me with such a helpless expression "I know Jayla but" this time Elena spoke "but what Jeremy"  he signed loudly as he glanced around desperately "I can touch her now Elena, and I know its wrong and I shouldn't feel this way but I do. I love her".

I stared at him in shock, Elena looked down before answering "but its not real Jeremy,  she's dead and everything your holding on to is in the past, are you going to love a ghost for the rest of your life" I looked up to see Anna standing behind Jeremy "he's at the beginning of his life Anna your just holding back and you know that" Elena whispered softly.  I could see the small tears on Anna's face as she held up the necklace "call Bonnie tell her you have the necklace" Elena said to Jeremy before grabbing my hand and walking away.

I lent against the wall as Lexi tried to break through to Stefan, I knew time was about to run out. Lexi stood up and the tears clouded her eyes "he's still in there Elena, you just need to break through" Elena nodded "its okay Lexi we know what to do now. You can be free" I said gently, she nodded as a few tears escaped down her cheeks. Then she disappeared.