Chapter 29

a/n: Sorry for not updating yesterday, I fell asleep. Um I will probably update again today. For those of you who talk to me on a daily basis, I got my phone taken away, that's why we haven't talked in a week. Well please please VOTE AND COMMENT.

I couldn’t open my eyes. I tried so hard but it was as if there were weights holding them down. I felt someone’s hand on mine. I tried to move my fingers. I found the strength and squeezed the person’s hand.

“She’s okay! She just moved.” Frankie said excitedly. Why couldn’t I open my eyes. Where am I? “I’ll get the doctor.” Zayn said quickly. Doctor? What. “I need you to please go get the doctor.” Zayn said. “I’ll go.” Frankie said.

I heard movement and then someone sat in front of me and grabbed my hand. I knew who it was. I didn’t even hesitate to think who it was. “Ari please please open your eyes.” Zayn pleaded. I’m trying. Believe me, I am.

“I need you to come back. I need you. I love you.” He said. I wanted to scream and yell and just open my eyes. I tried to move my hand but it wouldn’t work.

After trying for what seemed like forever I was able to move my hands. “Do you hear me? C’mon open your eyes.” Zayn was relieved. “Ari open your eyes.” He said. It was like he was in control of my whole body. As soon as he said it, my eyelids fluttered open.

“Thank god.” He exhaled. I looked around and realized I was in a hospital room. “What happened?” I groaned. “That’s a great question Ms. Martinez.” The doctor entered the room. “Well?” I said. “You passed out because you haven’t eaten in days, your blood pressure was very low, you were very dehydrated, and you hit your head pretty hard.” He said.

“Oh.” I nodded. “So tell me, why haven’t you eaten? You aren’t anorexic are you?” The doctor asked. “No, I’m not. I wasn’t really hungry, I guess it just slipped my mind.” I explained. “Sweetie eating doesn’t usually just slip peoples mind. Is everything okay?” He said again.

“I’m okay, I really am.” I sighed. I could feel Zayn staring at me but I didn’t look at him. “And sir, you are?” He asked Zayn. “Her boyfriend.” He answered. “He used to be.” I said to the doctor. “So is this why you stopped eating?” He asked. “No that isn’t why.” I rolled my eyes.

“She is just kidding. We are still together.” Zayn said quickly. “Are you?” He asked me. “Yeah sure.” I shrugged. If I say no he will continue asking why I won’t eat and if I say yes he will leave me alone.

“Oh okay well please make sure your girlfriend is eating and drinking daily. You are free to go.” He left the room. “It’s because of me isn’t it?” Zayn looked at the floor. “Can we not do this.” I hopped off of the bed. Thankfully they didn’t take me out of my clothes.