Chapter 42

a/n: If you like this story, please help it grow by taking a second to vote! Comment your opinion as well please! I need some feedback! I love you all x

|Zayn’s Pov|

I screwed up bad. Ari was complaining about the fans and I snapped at her. Why do I always ruin everything? “Standing here beating yourself up over it won’t make her come back.” Paul said patting me on the shoulder.

“I should go after her.”

“Give her some space. She is probably waiting outside. Jax went to go talk to her.” He said.

We continued to walk around the mall and look at meaningless shit. I don’t want to be here, I want to be with Ari. This is the one day I get to see her and I blew it. Now I’ll have to wait a month.

I’ve been constantly checking my phone to look at the time. It’s been over an hour and there’s still no sign of Ari or Jax. I’ve called and texted her a million times but I have yet to receive a reply.

As if on cue, he appeared without her. “Where is she?” I questioned. “I don’t know. I looked everywhere.” He shrugged. I’m pretty sure she’s been spotted somewhere by now so I pulled out my phone and opened the twitter app. Just as I suspected, she was spotted at the airport.

“Paul I have to go to Seattle.” I said.

“You can’t leave L.A.”

“I don’t care, I’m going.”

“Management won’t be too happy with your choices.”

“Fuck management. I don’t care, I’m going to go make up for being an asshole.” I said.

“Alright let’s go.” He groaned.

I followed behind Paul and Jax was behind me. We made it out the mall and I got into my car. I sped down the highway and into the Los Angeles traffic. After what seemed like forever, I finally made it to the airport. I went up to the counter and bought the ticket for the flight. Since the flight was leaving in five minutes, the price was way higher than it should have been but I honestly didn’t care.

Paul and Jax bought tickets too since they were my protection from the crowd of fans. As I ran through the airport to reach my gate, I was stopped by a fan.

“What’d you do? She was so mad. I thought you loved her?” The young girl scowled.

“I do babe and now I have to go fix what I did. I love you.” I smiled before continuing to run. The flight seemed to be taking forever and I was getting more agitated by the second. Once the flight landed, I ran out of the airport and jumped into the first cab I saw.

Paul and Jax were hot on my heels and while we were riding to Ari’s house, they were breathing hard. I paid the driver and jumped out and ran inside. I noticed a rental car parked in her driveway so I guess Frankie is here. I walked through the house calling her name but she was nowhere to be found.

I heard the loud noise coming from the theatre room. When I walked inside, I saw Ari and some guy sitting really close. Neither of them were paying attention to the movie. When I got closer I noticed who he was. She and Niall staring into each other’s eyes and their faces were inches away from each other. I couldn’t find the words to announce my presence.

He leaned forward and hugged her.

“I love you Ari.” He said. “I love you too Ni.” She smiled hugging him back. I felt like my heart was breaking into a million pieces. She was cheating on me with Niall.