Chapter 51

Help the story grow by voting and commenting!

I reached over and felt around for Zayn but instead, I touched the cold, empty sheets. Where is he? I dragged myself out of the bed and into Amber’s room. She is asleep thank goodness.

I really want to sleep but if you’re used to being tangled with someone as you sleep, it’s impossible to get sleep when they’re gone.

I walked downstairs and grabbed a bottle of water. I wonder where Zayn is. I don’t think he had anything band related to do. I went back to our bedroom, opening my laptop, and logging into my email. I groaned once I clicked on the important ones

Today is going to be such an eventful day. I have the stupid premiere for my movie, I have to take Amber to the doctor to get her monthly shots, and I have work to do for my classes.

-

I was in the process of completing my homework but Amber started to cry and I scooped her up in my arms and smiled down at her. I took her downstairs and made her a bottle, feeding it to her.

She stared up at me and I gave her an endearing smile. I couldn’t put her down so I brought her back into the room with me and set her beside me.

An hour passed and she began to cry again, this time a lot harder. I brought her into the nursery and changed her diaper.

-

With Amber asleep and my homework finished, I couldn’t be happier. She’s been fidgety today, probably since her fever was leaving. I have nothing to do. I went into Zayn’s music room/art room and took a seat on one of the swivel chairs.

I never come in here, seeing as it’s his place to do what he pleases with. I ran my fingers along the wall, tracing over the newly painted graffiti. He’s always in here and I’ve never really thought about what he was doing.

My eyes scanned the room, stopping when one thing in particular caught my attention. His sketch book.

I picked it up and flipped through the pages, realizing it was a flip book. The images were so mesmerizing, I continued to flip through it, over and over again.

I continued to move around the room, admiring his work. My foot hit something and I realized it was a bucket of water. A little spilled onto the cloth that protected the floor from paint stains.

I need to get out of here before I destroy something. I grabbed the flipbook on my way out and sat outside, next to the pool.

I was in the process of flipping through the pages for the hundredth time when a voice startled me, “What are you doing?”

I jumped, resulting in the book flying out of my hands and into the pool. “Zayn.” I gasped.

“Why were you going through my stuff?” He asked.