Chapter 44

{If you like this story, please take a second to help it grow by voting and commenting!}

I walked into the house and I was shocked to see Zayn standing there. I was honestly shocked. I ended up dropping my cup of coffee because I wasn’t expecting to see him so soon. When Niall said they’d be flying out here, I didn’t think he’d be coming.

He rushed over to me to help me clean up the mess I’ve made.

“Don’t. I got it.” I said. “But you’re pregnant, you don’t need to bend over.” He mumbled.

I ignored him and grabbed a towel along with stain remover to clean it up. He stood there staring at me, watching my every move. Once I finished cleaning up, I walked right past him and went upstairs to our room.

Normally, I’d feel bad and I’d crack and forgive him or see what he has to say but at the moment, I could care less. He stood in the doorway looking down at his hands.

“Ari can we talk please?” He asked.

“No. I have nothing I need to say to you.” I shrugged.

“So this is how it’s going to be? You do realize we’re married right.”

“Only on paper. The only reason we aren’t officially breaking up is because the media will be involved and that’s not good for either of us.”

“I know you’re mad and you have every right to be.”

“I know I do. You’re an asshole and you only care about yourself.”

“I screwed up, badly. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I should have handled the situation better but I was still in shock. Please just give me another chance.”

“All I do is give you chance after chance and you know what you prove every single time, you’re the Zayn Malik from the stupid blog.”

“Every time something happens you’re always throwing that shit in my face. How about the fact I’m even with you after what you did.”

“Really Zayn? That’s low. Here’s the difference between you and me, I fixed my mistake and I truly was sorry but you, you’re not sorry, and the blog isn’t the worse thing. Remember the bet you and your girlfriend had, remember that.” I chuckled.

“Look, we don’t have to bring up the past. The point is, I’m here now, trying to fix my mistakes, and I want to be here for you and this baby.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Stop it. I want to raise my child.”

“You didn’t two weeks ago. What changed your mind?” I wanted to mess with him.

“Can you stop?”

“Stop what? Reminding you that you asked me to kill my baby?”

Silence.

“Or how you’re acting like a child and you can’t grow up and take responsibility for what you’ve done.”

“Enough.” He yelled.

It sort of sent shivers down my spine. I didn’t realize I had stopped breathing until I took a deep breath. Neither of us said a word. Silence. We were just staring at each other.

My phone starting ringing causing my heart rate to accelerate. Never taking my eyes off of Zayn, I reached around until I found it and answered it.

“Hello.”

“Hey are you busy?” Niall asked. “No I’m not busy,” I smirked.

“Do you want to hang out or are you with Zayn?”