Chapter 46

a/n: Yes this chapter is short. Anyways, the next chapter will be longer. Vote, comment, or don't. At this point, the story isn't even fun to write. I'm finishing this for Frankie and Maha because I promised. No one votes or comments and so why write.

I wanted to cry but for some reason I didn’t. There was a knock at the door and I mumbled, “Go away.”

The door opened and I didn’t have to look to know who it was. He took a seat in front of me and touched my arm. I continued to look out the window.

“Can we talk?” He asked.

“Are you sure you can handle that?” I asked sarcastically.

“I deserve that but at least hear me out.”

I looked over at him and waited for him to speak.

“Look, I’m sorry okay. I’m sorry that I haven’t been here for you and that I haven’t done what I needed to but this is hard. I sat there for what felt like weeks. My only reason for trying to live was you Ari. You. I didn’t care about any of the shit they did to me, I just wanted to see you.” He paused, “I didn’t eat for three days. While I was alone, I had time to think. I’ve made so many mistakes with you and I don’t want to make anymore. I just.”

“I’m sorry and you know that. I can’t imagine what it was like. Zayn I know that you’ve been trying to cope with it and I’m trying to be as understanding as possible but I can’t take it. All of this stress isn’t good for the baby. I feel like you can’t even talk to me about what happened and I don’t know if that has something to do with me or not. I just feel like you’re going to leave.” I started to cry.

“Ari I’m sorry. I didn’t know that you felt like that. I’m not leaving. I just needed time to think but I don’t need to think about us, we will make it through thick and thin. I want us to be okay again. I want to be here for you and help you.”

“I really appreciate it.” I squeezed his hand. He stood up and held his hand out. I took it and he pulled me into his arms. I missed this feeling. It’s a comforting feeling. When I’m around Zayn, I feel warm.

He rested his forehead on mine and just stared at me. I tilted my head up, pressing my lips gently against his.

“You forgot how to kiss.” I teased him.

“Babe no I didn’t.” He rolled his eyes. He leaned in and kissed me once more before I pulled away.  “I don’t want to rush things. I just want us to be okay.” I whispered.