⇝ fifty-two ⇜

This update turned out to be like ten pages on Word. I honestly didn't even think I had written that much but apparently I did. Read the authors note at the end x

please take a second to vote and comment.

I woke up due to the throbbing pain on my side. I hurried into the bathroom and took painkillers, hoping they would work immediately. I gripped the counter and took a deep breath.

I could hear Amber waking up so I grabbed a bottle for her before she could start to cry. After she finished it, I rocked her back to sleep and got back into the bed.

When I woke up, Zayn was staring at me. It was a little scary to open your eyes and see someone watching you so intently. “So I was thinking and I want to show you something.” He mumbled.

I followed him downstairs, stopping at the doorway of his rec room. “It’s okay, you can come in.” He said to me. I took a deep breath and stepped into the room. It sort of looked the same except for the newly added graffiti on the wall.

“Why do you add new graffiti on top of the old? I asked, reaching out to trace the design. I could feel him watching me so I brought my hand back down to mess with the hem of my shirt.

“It’s like a story. It all had to start from somewhere, but then things happen so the new stuff piles on top of the old. It might not make sense but yeah.” He smiled.

“I get it.” I nodded.

I turned around and watched him look through a stack of paintings. “I can’t seem to find it.” He frowned.

“It’s okay, you have all the time in the world to show me.” I said, walking over to him.

“Do you want to paint with me?”

“No, I don’t want to ruin anything else.” I blushed.

“You won’t, besides, we aren’t painting in here.” He chuckled.

“Later, I promise.”

“Oh okay.” He frowned.

“I want to it’s just I promised to call Niall this morning.”

“Really? Your excuse is that you have to call Niall.” He scoffed.

“Zayn I can-“ I started but he cut me off, “Save it.”

I groaned in frustration and left his stupid room. He’s so moody. I grabbed my phone and went into my quiet room. I sat on the window seat and dialed Niall’s number.

“It’s not even noon, why are you calling.” He groaned.

“It’s 11:45, I don’t think fifteen minutes will kill you.” I chuckled.

“Fine. So tell me, how was the premiere?”