Mariah

Things has been hell with Jayceon . It's almost been 4 months since our breakup and I'm still hurting but I have loving family and friends here to be here with me through it . The guy that Jayceon found out about , his name is Josiah but people call him Ace . He's really a nice guy but my heart is with Jay , but I do like this guy . He's black and white , he had nice well groomed dreads , he's fine , his perfect teeth , he's fine , and his facial hair is well groomed , and did i mention that he was fine ? He's coming over later on today . Liyana is with Jayceon . I don't want her to meet him because I still love Jayceon and I don't know if I'm ready to get into something with somebody else . Jayceon is the love I only know and want to know . He keeps asking for Josiah's name but I won't give it to him . Josiah has an empire of his own but outside of Atlanta and it's just as big as the one Killa has here so I KNOW they know who one another is . I don't need him to ruin this for me before I even get to make the decision for myself if I want to continue seeing him . The doorbell rang and I checked the time and it was a little after 8 . I opened the door and hugged Josiah's 6'4 frame . He smelled so good . I wanted to melt .

" How are you beautiful?" He said in his deep voice and handed me flowers .

I hated flowers but it was the thought .

" Thank you . Flowers aren't really my thing , but they're beautiful ."

" Just like you . I never met a girl that didn't like flowers ."

" Well now you have " I said smiling .

I ran the flowers in some water and walked over to where Josiah was sitting .

" So , you know what I do , can I know what you do ?" He said licking his lips .

" I own my own clothing line."

" Fashion? That's wassup . What kind of clothes ?" He asked interested .

" All kinds & shoes "

" That's interesting . So why didn't what I do like scare you off or make you afraid of me ? That's what happened with all of the other girls . " he said sitting back .

" All of the other girls? You rolling like that ?" I said raising my eyebrow .

" Nah . Nah. Not at all Mariah . I didn't mean it like that " he said sitting up .

" I know . I was just fucking with you" I laughed . " But because my baby father is a drug lord too & to be honest , nobody puts fear in my heart . Everybody bleed and hurt just like I do . Some just hurt worse than others and being with my baby father for almost 2 years , I've seen just about everyone so nothing is new"

He paused for a few seconds , just staring at me .

" I see . You like thug niggas huh ? Who is he ?"he smiled

" No . I just like what I like . I didn't know what he did when I first met him , just like you ." I answered honestly .

" Okay . So who is he ?"

" Look . I know my he is dangerous . I don't wanna put you in a fucked up situation . I still love him and he's crazy . You already have enemies I'm sure , I don't think you want him as one too. Trust me ." I said

He laughed and licked his lips .

" Trust my babygirl , I'm dangerous too and with all due respect to your baby father , I don't give a fuck if he's crazy , I am too . Enemies ? I'm never worried about that . So who is he?" He said sitting back unfazed .

I was surprised . Everyone acted as if they were afraid of Killa . Maybe once he knew he would take back what he said .

" Killa " I said watching his every move .

" Oh word . Aigh . When you said drug lord . You ain't say biggest in ATL . I woulda known from the rip ." He said

" So what now?" I asked

" I still feel the same about you . No one is gonna have affect on how I feel about you . I ain't scared . He knows who I am . We ain't never had none but if he wanna make some , we can . " he said still unfazed .

" That's still my baby's father and I still love him, Josiah . " I said a little defensive .

" I understand that and I respect that , but you talking this nigga up like he God . He's powerful and he means business , but he ain't the only one . I just wanna let you know that I ain't scared and I wanna continue what we have going on . If you don't want to because of him , I understand . But understand that you are doing that for yourself , not to protect me . I can protect myself and you if you needed me to . "

" He wouldn't hurt me physically . Never ."

" But he will emotionally, obviously ." He said .

He was right about that one .

" I just don't want any problems Josiah ."

" I won't make it one . I will respect him because that's not only your daughter's father but you still love him . The moment he comes out his face crazy at me or you, the respect shit goes out the window ."

" Okay . Fair enough."

He reached in and kissed me . Our tongues danced and it felt amazing . I had to stop it before I did something I would regret . I put the movie in and snuggled up on the couch with Josiah . Am I ready to move on?