Short and sweet

"Jay you need to get a grip. Liyana is not a little baby anymore. She's not grown yes, but baby she is growing. She's 14, turning 15 & the twins are 9. She's a teenager baby don't be so hurt. Try to do things she wants to do. She doesn't wanna go to football and basketball games, ask her what she actually wants to do. Sit down and talk to her. She's a daddy's girl and you taking the yelling approach or like you're upset with her, you'll never get through to her." I said as I sat across the table from my husband.

He just starred off into the restaurant. Him and Liyana have not been seeing eye to eye. She wants to be out with her friends and doing teenage stuff and not wanna be with Jay. He loves all our children equally but that's his first born and they've been attached at the hip since a jit. He just wanna spend money on her doing expensive things. At first it was okay and still is but what about the simple things too? She just like her momma, after a while that shìt gets old when you can do it for yourself or just the thought of everything being money money money without anything behind it. She just misses the emotional connection she had with him.

" You right pooch . I just don't want to miss anything with my kids . You know?" He said rubbing his hands through his hair. " I just want them to feel like daddy is my bestfriend, daddy is my go to, not just mommy. Especially li, that's my first born baby. She's daddy's first princess. When she was born, she really helped keep me sane from a lot of shìt. She made a lot of dark times light again and I just want her to know how much she mean to me foreal. I'll die behind any of my kids, any." He said with tears in his eyes.

"Well tell her just that then Jayceon. You gotta meet her where she is, she's about to be 15. You the parent, you rebuild that relationship. She's a girl Jay, do girl shìt that she likes to do. She don't wanna go out shopping with her father and you on the phone or got your boys with you just swiping your card. She wanna bond with you, talk to you , the hugs and kisses. And no she don't wanna talk about boys with her crazy ass daddy and that IS okay." I said sipping my drink.

" you right. Imma make it right. Imma take her out tomorrow. Imma ask her tonight what she wants to do, and we gonn do everything just me and her. Imma really talk to her and apologize to her. It's me, I'm the parent, I'm the problem. I should know better, but I'm trying. I just don't wanna be a bad father. I don't want her to feel like she losing the male figure in her life. I don't want her to steer wrong and run into a a Nigga like me when I was younger. I want her to know her value. She sees how I treat you but I want her to also experience the world from her father so when it's time and a Nigga come around, she know what it's like to be loved by me so she don't yearn for a bitch ass nigga to be loving her. I wish I had a little sister so I could of had practice. God gave me a girl as a first child for the young nigga I used to be, I just know it foreal." He expressed eating his fries.

" and she already feels that love from you. You two just need to rebuild the bonding stage. She not a baby baby anymore, she's a teenager and she's into different things now." I calmly said

" different things like what? Boys? Get tf outta here. She still playing with dolls and shìt?" He yelled.

I laughed and shook my head.

" No, Jay. She's not playing with dolls anymore."

" WTF!! Hell no . I'm going to buy her a fucking doll today. When they put down dolls they pick up dicks! Trust me I know. I was a young Nigga getting mine & praying on little innocent, pretty girls. Have that talk with her because she'll be more comfortable with you." He yelled

This man is really fucking crazy. I just chuckled and shook my head at him again.

" that's why she don't come to you because you yell and overreact Jay. Little do you know, she will talk to you, you just need to be calm. If Li comes to us today and tells us she's pregnant or that she's not a virgin, you would lose your shit. What you don't realize is that acting strict like that gonn only make her be sneaking and push us away, that's why I'm not like that. I talk to her about everything. Any questions she has, I answer truthfully, but I ask why she wants to know, and she tells me."

So if she came and said at almost 15 that she not a virgin, you would just be okay with our baby fucking?" He said looking at me like I was crazy.

" No. i wouldn't be okay with that. But if we keep telling her she can't do what she's gonna do eventually, she's gonna wanna do it more. I rather her come to us & do it the right way and not sneak off if she's going to do it. I rather school her about it then hide it from her and she learn it from somewhere else, and come back to us pregnant or with an STD. What you don't realize and what's gonna continue to break your heart and mess up your relationship with Li is that she will always be OUR baby Jay, but she is no longer A BABY ... she's growing up, and that is okay Jay, it's life . And another thing you was fucking way before 15, so don't turn your nose up. Better be glad she got me as a mama because my baby know better. But when's she ready, she's ready & we will school her on everything that will partake so when she's ready, she will know and not just some Nigga tryna pressure her making her think she is." I explained

" you right. I didn't even look at the shit like that my love. I'm so glad you the mother of my kids Pooch." He said getting you kissing me. " but what you not gonna do is act like you wasn't no fucking hoe." He said making us both laugh.

" Jayceon Brown, get tf out my face bitch . You know I ain't ever been no fucking hoe. That's why you put a ring on it because I was different period." I said laughing, pushing him.

" nah you was just a classy hoe with standards and a little morals. You cheated on your boyfriend with me when I was just your baby father. Yikes . Hoe ass!" He said dying laughing.

" Shut tf up. If ya whorish ass wouldn't of cheated on me way back when I wouldn't have gone to no other Nigga." I shot back

At this point Jay was in tears laughing.

" Imma teach my daughters to not hot to another horse if you ain't finishing riding the first one." He said on the floor laughing.

" oh yeah? You see Liyana got them pretty eyes and the twins don't, better make sure her father ain't laying in the ground. You know Ace had blue eyes and I have hazel." I said joking.

" yeah aigh Pooch. Play if ya ass want, you'll be right in the dirt with Li real father." He said chuckling. " know Li got the same eyes as my father. Lil hoe ass" he said laughing again

I can't stand this man but I love his silly ass . I'm just glad we can laugh and joke and talk serious. I'm glad this is who I decided to father my children and to spend the rest of my life with because lord knows this shit has not be a walk in the park.