-Chapter Thirteen [Part One] {A Date Gone Wrong}

Used to be: 1. My name is Terri Sanders. 2. I have an arranged marriage in 7 months. And 3. I'm marrying a Preppy with attitude problems! 

[o1.o4.11] . I am in the process of editing! So please don't correct me on grammar and the occasional **. Thank you.=] You will notice the difference from my editing and the old chapters.=]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirteen [Part One]

-A Date Gone Wrong-

I leaned back into the comfortable soft limo seat. I sighed, I could not stop thinking about Jake...I mean Mr. Preppy. He was so close, and he was doing things that no one else has done to me before. It felt nice, but I cannot be developing feelings for that jerk! I will not allow it!

I had told Mr. Limo Driver the directions to get to the school football field. I am happy I was leaving. If I were not, then I would not have had a reason to leave Jake. Things would have escalated to something bad. I would have followed the butterflies in my stomach and accepted the chance to get to know him.

I am happy that I chose my head this time.

I still cannot fathom that I chose to hang out with Joshua. I must still be delusional from my fall(s). I was hanging out with a bad boy. Even though he said that he was not going to do anything, did I really believe him? No. I just hope it is nothing too embarrassing.

I repeat, I still must be delusional to be going on this get-together with Joshua.

When we got closer, I told Larry to park a block away from the field. I did not want Joshua to see the limo and start asking questions.

"Okay Ms. Sanders, here we are." He turned around to face me. "Where and when do I pick you back up?"

I leaned forward to him. "I'll call you. Or maybe I will just have Joshua drop me off. You can go on home," I offered. He looked tired, from driving all the day. He deserved the time off.

"Seriously?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Thank you, Ms. Sanders," he said excitedly. It made me think that Mr. Preppy never let him off early.

I saw Larry open his car door. I figured that he was going to come around and open my door now. I put a hand on his shoulder to stop him. He looked at me, confused.

"I'm a big girl, Larry. I can open doors for myself. I'm not Jake," I told him, laughing at the end. I did not want any special treatments. I have been opening my own car door since I was seven.

He smiled, "Thank you, Ms. Sanders."

"Please, call me Terri," I said as I exited out of the limo. I walked over to the curb. As I hit the curb, I heard the limo's engine purr and then it was fading away.

I stopped, suddenly. It was not because of something bad, it was because my inner voice was speaking to me. Yelling at me, if that is possible.

What are you doing? Get your phone out, call Larry, and ask him to bring you back to Jake!

I frowned. Why would my inner voice tell me that? Does it not know what Jake was thinking when he saw me? His eyes read lust, like earlier. I was not going to fulfill his desire.

No, I said back at my inner voice.

I tried to ignore it but some words kept on repeating in my head.