Chapter 32: Jake Returns! Not Quite The Same!!!

Narrator's P.O.V

2 Days Later...

"That's bull crap I didn't do anything wrong so I don't need to be here to explain myself!" Josh shouted at the principal. "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN, we already suspended the kid who provoked you, I replayed the cameras in the cafeteria and saw what happened. You're lucky actually, I need you to do something for me. Will you apply or take the 10 day suspension?" Mr. Pettigrew gave Josh some time to think about the offer. "Of course I'll help you out, anything for good friend right." Josh said knowing he doesn't have a choice.

"First off, I'm not you're friend. Second, what I need you to do is too keep an eye out for a student who's returning to Colonial ok. The parents talked to me about a problem their child has been having lately."
"Ok I guess I'll look out for them, so do you know the kid's name?" "His name is James Jake Kennedy, you should know him already I remember seeing you two hang around each other a lot in 6th grade." Josh got happy knowing he'll be able to see Jake again, it's been a long time since they seen each other.

"That's great to hear, do you know when he's coming back? Is it tomorrow, maybe next week?" Someone started knocking on the office door, "Ah that must be him now." Mr. Pettigrew walked to the door. He opened it revealing Jake on the other side with his hood on, Josh couldn't help but smile yet something wasn't right with him. "Hey Josh I haven't seen ya in a while now I hope you haven't been getting into trouble without me." Jake said happily in a weak voice. "Ok, welcome back Mr. Kennedy here's your schedule, Mr. Hardy show him to his class." Mr. Pettigrew handed Jake his schedule, then Josh and Jake gave each other a devious look. "Sooooo Mr. Pettigrew you want some coke I know you do. I heard on the news you got caught with some coke and was arrested for it." Jake said making Josh giggle so he joined in too. "Really now that's so shameful of you could've at least shared some of it Mr. Pettigrew, I love coke." "Well Josh my good friend would you like some coke?" "Of course I would love some cocai- I mean coke." Josh said laughing a little. Jake then pulls out a coca cola from his back pack, the two starts laughing uncontrollably at the principal for his recent mistake. "Heh you two are real funny huh.... GET THE HELL OUT MY OFFICE NOW!!!!!!" He shouted turning red looking like he's about to explode. Jake and Josh ran out the office laughing.

"Yo I thought he was gonna try to hit us for sec, I think that's the maddest I ever seen him get too, anyways so what have you been up to ever since you left the neighborhood?" Jake started rubbing his neck which was wrapped up with gauze like he was hiding something. "Well nothing exciting really just a normal life ya know." Josh became curious about his neck so he asked about it. "Ummm you wanna tell me what happened to your neck or is that not gonna happen?" Jake hesitated on what to say next, until Josh came up with an assumption. Josh placed a hand on Jake's shoulder. "I understand Jake...... You got a hickey, I'm so proud of you. My little buddy is finally becoming a little man..... buddy." Jake gave a slight blush at hearing this and decided to play along to hide the real reason, "Yup that's definitely why I have this around my neck cause I'm a lady's man..." He then flipped his long hair to look fabulous. "Ok ok enough playing around now so tell me what actually happened to your neck." "I'm sorry but I don't want to talk about it, I just try to ignore it. But enough about me, tell me what you've been up too."

After a long story of what Josh has been through Jake is now caught up.

"So Tony was able to control fire and died by getting his head split open by a falling boulder and a mystery lady that was in your head for some months cheated you for something she wanted?" "Yup that's about it then there's 7th grade but nothing really happened so don't worry about that." Jake sat in silence processing what he just heard, maybe Josh can help him with his dire situation that he's hiding. "Well is Ray still alive?" Jake questioned, "I don't know actually, he was in the school too so.... I don't know he's probably roaming around somewhere. I hope he's not looking for me cause I couldn't beat him last time I fought him in 6th grade.

A dude walked past and heard there conversation so he intervened. "Hey did you say Ray?" Josh couldn't see who it was because the guy had his hood on with his back towards them. "Yeah what about him?" Josh asked, the hooded figure said, "I killed him in the old Colonial building when I was in 6th grade." He walked off like nothing happened.

Josh's P.O.V

So that was you I saw walking that night.