Chapter 71: Off To Nashville Tennessee! Below The Complex!!!

5 Months Later

May 25, 20XX

Day of Middle School Graduation Ceremony

Narrator's P.O.V

"I don't see why I have to go, I'm missing my graduation because of this." Josh said propping his head up with one arm on the table. Josh, his mom, and Kali were at Chili's to eat before they head off to Nashville, Tennessee. "Graduation is probably over by now so worry about, you passed anyway." Kim replied. "Hopefully I passed." Josh did under his breath looking out the window, he saw his friend Alex in a white dress with some small heels on, next to her was Shanniqua who was wearing a dress too.

Josh couldn't stop staring, they actually looked cute dressed like that. "I see ya Josh, you must know them." Kali said nudging Josh joking around, "stop playing with me bru they're just some good friends of mine!"
"Is the dark girl next to her your girlfriend?" Kim whisper loudly to Josh. "Oh my god no! Leave me alone!" Alex and Shanniqua walked with their parents then was seated in the back next to the bathrooms. "Go talk to them Josh I know you want to." Kali said still joking around.
"Ya know what, I will go talk to them, but I'm doing this for me and to get a way from you two."
Josh left the table and walked towards the back. When he approached, Alex noticed him.

"Aye Josh I was just talking about you, why didn't you go to graduation? Please don't tell you failed." A empty booth was next to their table so Josh sat down to not be in the way, "Nah I passed....I think, I'm going with my mom and bro to Nashville. We're going to visit my other brother who got arrested then put into a youth center."
"Aw well I hope he gets out soon, oh man you should've been there though it was really fun but a bit sad. Ya know Harris was looking for you." Josh scoffed at hearing that name, "what did he want?" Alex giggled then said, "he just wanted to hang out with you that's all."

"Oh well isn't that nice." Josh replied sarcastically. "Well I'm going to the bathroom see ya around." While on his way to the bathroom a waitress holding a tray of food with one hand was walking kinda fast, when they past each other the waitress's free hand accidentally hit Josh in the balls. He bent over a bit in pain trying to hold in a yell, then people started to stare so he hurried of to the bathroom. Josh collapsed on the floor holding his privates trying not yell.

Ma: Awww you ok.

Josh: Hell Naw!

Ma: I know what will make you feel better.

Josh: NOOOPE!!!

3 Hours Later

Josh P.O.V

"Finally we're here!" I yell out stretching from being in that car for way too long.

WOODLAND HILLS YOUTH DEVELOPMENT CENTER

Now that we're here, we have to leave; electronics, loose change, and handbags in the car, except for our IDs. Actually, I had to use my raggedy middle school badge to get in since I didn't have my ID yet. "Why isn't the gate opening?" I look around to see more parents gathering around the gate waiting for it to open also. "We got here early so we have to wait a couple minutes." My mom said. "This folks need to hurry up! It's burning out here." Kali blurted out slightly irritated. Minutes later, the gate finally opened, but before we could go, my mom had to give her car keys to the officer. Same with every other parent.

The facility was kinda nice, green fields, basketball court....trees with weird white paint lines covering around it. Some lady dressed in business clothing was waiting for us on the trail to the building. "Hello parents, brothers, and sisters. I'm here to escort you to the visitation building to see your kids, now please follow me." She said.

Narrator's P.O.V

The group started walking to the visitation building, chatting with each other, so Josh decided to ask the lady a question. "Hey ms? What's your name?"
"Oh I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Pamela but you can call Pam for short." Josh snickered, "Ok lezzy."
"What did yo-"  Pam tried to speak until Josh interrupted her, "Why are the trees painted like that? It must be for when someone tries to break out and hide I bet."

"Well it's not for that, its a culture thing." Pam sternly said. "Then why is that kid over there wearing a neon green vest?" "....fashion?" Pam said trying to lie. "Wow, I thought the law was good at lying too. So why is a pretty lady like yourself stuck in this place?"
"Don't you have someone else to bother!?" Pam asked in a annoyed tone trying to note break her smile. Josh started laughing, "If did we wouldn't be having this convo, plus you're my type."
"Well aren't you a little flirt." Pam grunted out squeezing Josh's ear and pulling. "OK everyone we're here please step inside where you'll be searched." Pam called in on the radio to open the door. She held it letting everyone pour into the room to see their kids, except for Josh, his mom, and brother. She closed the door, "Sorry but your son is in a different building, please follow me."

Below the complex this happened

???: THEY'RE HERE IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR YOU TO COME JOIN ME...

Ladarrius: Its About Time! I thought I would never get out of this place.

The mysterious figure gave Ladarrius back his pocket knife.

Ladarrius: It's been a while since I used this, Let's Go!