Goodbye - Chapter 10(Final)

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction (Sakura Tree x Boy).

If you're fine with it then please enjoy!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Goodbye.

-

When Soraru heard that Mafu never intended to forget about him, honestly, he was really happy. He felt like he was the happiest spirit in the spirit world but at the same time, it hurt him. He knew what he wanted, but he also did not want Mafu to suffer because of him. He wanted to give him happiness, a sense of security, the love that he deserved.

But if he was not the right person to do so, then all he could do was choose to let go.

He did not know what facial expression he had on but the next thing he knew, Mafu started crying. Not knowing what to do, Soraru watched Mafu wail like a child who just lost his precious toy. He felt bad, he felt lost, and all he could think of was pull Mafu into his arms.

They both dropped their umbrellas as he circled his arms around Mafu's waist, helping him place his around him, and hugged him, petting his hair from time to time, whispering a 'there, there' at him just like how the King did to him last. Soraru hugged him for the entire time, and waited patiently for him to stop crying.

When Mafu's wailing turned into sobbing, Mafu planted his face into Soraru's chest, into his drenched yukata. Soraru shifted a bit to take a proper look at him. His arms were still around his body, his hands gripping onto the fabric of his yukata. He patted him on the head as he asked, "Better?" and he felt Mafu nod in his chest.

Soraru sighed. If he just left Mafu alone as he cried, it would have been less trouble for him since that would help Mafu hate him. But Soraru could not bear it. To imagine the person you love hate you? He could not even start explaining how bad that would hurt.

"I love you,"

Mafu shuddered at the sudden confession. He brought his face up to look at Soraru in the eye. Soraru stroked his hair back, exposing his forehead, immediately placing a kiss on it.

"But know that I can't be with you,"

He heard Mafu sniffled before asking him, "... I know,"

"I love you so much I can't bear to see you suffer because of me. I love you so much to the point I want to stay in this world, in this era, and not go back to where I belong, just to stay here with you. I have so much I want to say, but I can't really put them into words. I want to watch over you, to protect you, even if it would harm me, even if it would expose me to other humans, I still wanted to choose to be with you,"

Soraru stopped with his sentence, he lowered his head as he gently sealed Mafu's lips with his. Only touching them, refraining from going any deeper, Soraru lifted his head back up.

"I love you, so much," Soraru pulled him closer, he buried his face in the crane of his neck, where he placed the mark on Mafu. He kissed lightly on it as he whispered in his ears, "I wanted to make you mine, but it would be selfish of me,"

Mafu, clearly trying to hold his tears in their reigns, stared at him with watery red orbs as he listened to Soraru confess to him over and over again.

Soraru drew in a breath, and said his next line. "Today's the last day of spring,"

"... No," Mafu said, the first thing that came out of his mouth after crying so much. His voice was hoarse, but even so Soraru loved him for that. He wanted to write it down in his book, but he was afraid that he did not have enough time left.