For You - Chapter 3

Ever since they got together, he anticipated for every day to come. First, waking up to see him sleeping right beside of him, having breakfast together, then go to work, come back to see him at the kitchen and ended up cooking dinner together. Lastly, going to bed together with him in his arms. Every day was so contenting, it felt like a dream.

Except things were not going so well on the outside.

"Have you heard? Those two in that apartment are actually couples,"

"Of course I did! They're both guys too,"

The rest of the dialogue had been blocked out by him. He was by the window with his significant other leaning his head over his chest, sleeping. When he listened to them talk about their relationship, he gently cupped the latter's ears, preventing him from listening to the bad, placing a kiss over his forehead as he did.

In order for him to protect his loved one, he had to let go. Soraru let out a sigh, ruffling his hair in frustration.

"I do not love you anymore,"

"So let's break up,"

That moment when he mentioned about the break up at a shop that they always went to, the expression on Mafu's face almost killed him. He looked hurt, betrayed, abandoned. Tears threatened to fall out from his eyes but he knew Soraru disliked it when one cries in front of him, so he tilted his face up a little to stop it from spilling, stood up and left.

Soraru almost went up to grab his arm by reflex to stop him from leaving and tell him that everything was a lie, that he did not want to break up with him, that he loved him. But he could not. He reached out his hand, but quickly pulled back. He just sat there and watched Mafu exit the shop.

He wondered if he looked natural when he talked to him about it. He must have been. Sometimes he was grateful that he was born with the talent of hiding his emotions. Which was also why sometimes Mafu complained that he was a little cold. Not to him, but to other people, of course. He only showed them to Mafu. It felt like he could not hide it from him. However, he worked hard to hide it this time.

Soraru finally decided to leave the shop after a while and thought that he should go back to their apartment to retrieve his stuffs. He needed to get rid of all of them so Mafu could continue staying there without having to think about him anymore.

He scoffed at himself. It hurt so much just from thinking that Mafu would no longer be by his side anymore. But it was all for the better. Tugging onto his coat, he walked as fast as he could back to the apartment.

A/N: I know I said that this story would be filled with fluff, I'm so sorry that everything has been filled with angst from the start. I would most probably make this into a small series and then put in some random one-shots in this book. Until then, please bear with me!