Sweets, Sugar, and You - Chapter 6

Warning: ABO. An R-18 series. Mob characters may occur occasionally. Note that it's just a fan fiction. Whatever written here does not apply to them in real life.

Please proceed with caution.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Mafumafu froze in place when he heard Soraru's question.

He was pretty sure from the way Mafumafu spends his day, there was no way Mafumafu was born blind. It was just the way he moves and the way he takes care of himself. Every little movement he made made him look like he wasn't used to it.

So when did this happen to him?

... Why and how?

Mafumafu didn't say anything, and the room had been really quiet ever since Soraru's last question. Mafumafu didn't move a muscle, and neither did Soraru. He only stayed crouched beside Mafumafu, waiting for his answer. But the longer Soraru waited, the more anxious he got.

"... It's fine. You don't have to answer that," Soraru said, taking back his words as he felt the guilt build up in him. If this was going to make things uncomfortable between the two of them, Soraru thought he'd rather not know. He rubbed his head again as he mentally scolded himself for making a bad move. "Forget about what I just asked,"

Soraru placed his hand on his knee and tried to push himself up. He thought about giving Mafumafu some alone time to regain his composure while he goes to check up on Pon and Kon before he starts making dinner for everyone.

But Mafumafu managed to catch Soraru's sleeves before he could.

Soraru wasn't sure how he managed that, but it definitely did stop Soraru at his place. He stared at Mafumafu as his brows furrowed into a frown, and Soraru waited for him to say something.

"... I loved painting as a kid,"

Soraru could only watch Mafumafu bite onto his trembling lower lip as he held his tears back so that he could tell Soraru his story. He took a deep, shaky breath, and then sniffled a little before he continued.

"My parents were painters. They were creators, art-enthusiasts, and my aspiration. Every time I looked at their piece, I would wonder to myself if I could ever surpass them, and that was one of the motivations that kept me going back then to achieve more than what they've achieved. But my father was a Beta who was born in an Alpha family while my mother was an Omega who was disliked by literally everyone. Despite being really good painters, they were still looked down upon, even more so after I was given birth to,"

Mafumafu pushed himself up so that he could sit and lean on the couch, all the while still holding onto Soraru's sleeves between his thumb and forefinger. He pulled at Soraru, as if to ask him to sit down next to him. Soraru did as he was asked, quietly, not wanting to interrupt Mafumafu.

"Even though I was the main reason why they were having a hard time, they still gave me love and care, and I told myself that I would be repaying their kindness with my paintings when I grow up. I wanted them to have a happy life, just like everyone else. But then my father fell sick and passed away due to the stress he was inflicted by the society, and not long after, my mother followed after him because she couldn't handle what was coming at her on her own,"

"... Did she-" Soraru didn't want to ask, but he felt the need to confirm.

"She did," Mafumafu held onto Soraru's sleeves harder. "I finished a painting that I was pretty proud of at school, but I couldn't show it to her because it was too late by the time I got home,"