When I First Saw You - Chapter 6

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction. ABO. (Long)

May contain contents that are not very healthy.

If you're fine with it then please enjoy!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

"What is it that's making you frown like that?" Soraru let out a chuckle, trying to sound natural. He moved back, wanting to keep a distance between them but as he did, Mafu's face came clear in his field of visions. Why did he make that sort of face? It would only bring Soraru's hope up, making him want him badly.

So don't look so disappointed at the kiss just now because it'll only make me want to kiss you more.

Soraru watched as Mafu turned his head away from him, looking only at the flower in one of his hands. "... It's nothing. I was just wondering if I should use a peony rose for this,"

"Is it for a wedding?"

"I'm surprised you know what peony roses are normally use for,"

"Well..." Soraru could not possibly tell him that he had been studying the flowers Mafu has in his shop every time he comes to visit him. He usually hides the book that he was reading, away from Mafu when he approaches the counter. That was because he didn't want Mafu to know that it was about flowers and plants.

Mafu took in a deep breath and let it out immediately. "Anyway, I should get back to it. The customer's going to come by late afternoon today so I've got to keep myself together and finish this as fast as I can," he said, pushing one of the locks Soraru tucked behind his ears away from his face. And due to that, Soraru got to see Mafu's face properly. It was obvious that Mafu was still taken aback by the kiss and his cheeks were glowing red.

Did he miss his chance just now? Soraru wondered. He initially intended to kiss him just to see his reaction (because Mafu exaggerates a lot whenever Soraru teased him even for a little bit) but when Mafu turned to look at him, his face was full of anticipation, as if waiting for him to do something outrageous to him.

And oh, believe it or not, Soraru wanted to carry him back to his room and do a thousand wicked things he could think of to him but he told himself that he could not. Soraru wanted to take it slow but Mafu was clearly not letting him. Call him dense or not, but he still didn't know how Mafu felt about him. It might also be bad for an Alpha like him to say this, yet he was still afraid that someone could make him happier than he could because he knew that he was not perfect. Then again, most would probably think about this when it comes to someone they hold dearly.

Like usual, Soraru sat on his chair (the one Mafu always told him to sit at, which he gladly claim as his) reading his book about plants. Probably due to sitting in one position for a long period of time, his neck was sore, so he decided to move around for a bit. He lifted his head up, finding a Mafu who fell asleep on his workbench. Ah, he managed to finish the bouquet before time.

Soraru walked towards him, picking up the bouquet that was left on the table to put it aside. Pulling a tall stool so he could sit on it, Soraru leaned against the table, staring at Mafu. He looked peaceful in his sleep. His chest rising and falling at a rhythmic pace, indicating that he had slept for quite some time now. Supporting his head with his hand, he tried catching what Mafu tried to mumble but failed.

Letting out a soft chuckle, he reached out to cup his cheek, running his thumb over it. "How should I do to make you fall in love with me?" he whispered. "Do you know how every bit about you makes me go breathless all the time?"