When I First Saw You - Chapter 9

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction. ABO. (Long)

May contain contents that are not very healthy.

If you're fine with it then please enjoy!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Soraru watched as Mafu took a careful step in his house, slowly taking in the sight of it. He held Mafu's hand in his, their fingers intertwined, and led him to the couch in the living room. He sat on it first, but Mafu didn't know whether he should sit or not. Untangling their fingers, Soraru grabbed hold of Mafu's hand and tugged lightly at it, patting his thigh with his other hand.

Mafu, who clearly understood what Soraru wanted him to do, shook his head as he refused Soraru's request. His face was redder than Soraru ever saw it before. The urge to tease him only became stronger.

"Mafumafu,"

"... Hmm? Hyah?!" he let out a tiny shriek as Soraru pulled him with force, causing him to lose his balance and fall on top of his body. Soraru lifted him up a little so that Mafu could sit properly on his lap. His hands were placed on his shoulders as he glared down angrily at him with teary red orbs. He was not at all scary when his face was all flushed like that. And Soraru had to say, Mafu was the cutest Omega he had ever seen.

As soon as Mafu got comfortable in his 'seat', Soraru wrapped his arms around Mafu and pulled him into an embrace. Mafu made sounds which implied that he was confused. Soraru didn't say anything but relax when Mafu returned the hug, circling his arms around his neck, pulling him into his chest. Soraru could hear the sound of Mafu's heart pounding against his chest, and Soraru couldn't help but feel the same as Mafu.

"I'm sorry," he let out a sigh, holding Mafu a little closer, leaning into him. He was tired. Tired from work and from overthinking things when Mafu was out together with that Alpha, Luz; and when the anger stirred up in him, he just couldn't keep still. He held it all in, respecting both Mafu and Luz for their relationship, and just quickly went back inside or he wouldn't be able to keep his cool. To summarise all of these feelings, he was just simply jealous.

"No, Soraru-san. I'm the one who was supposed to apologise," Soraru felt him caress his hair as he continued. "I shouldn't have let another Alpha in when I already have you. But I promise I wasn't alone with Luz-kun, he brought Kain-kun with him every time he comes over!" he pushed Soraru away at an arm's length, wanting him to know that it was the truth, which of course, Soraru had to accept since he just saw Luz and Kain together.

He sighed again, burying his face into Mafu's chest. He felt stupid for getting jealous when he hadn't even known the truth behind it and started assuming pointlessly. Soraru was not like this. He was only like this when it was about Mafu. He didn't want to show Mafu his weakness but ended up showing him everything instead.

He trusted Mafu. But he couldn't seem to trust himself which led him to doubting their relationship.

"And I remembered you saying that Luz-kun was a good guy, too..." Mafu mumbled, obviously unhappy that the both of them almost sparred with each other.

"But that was because I thought he was an Omega, Mafumafu!" Soraru scolded after letting out an annoyed sigh. How many times did he sigh tonight, including the mentioned and unmentioned sighs he had? Soraru felt Mafu flinch at the sudden raise of volume of his voice. He didn't want to hurt him but look at what he had done?

"... I'm sorry..." muttered Mafu, quietly.

"No, don't be," Soraru rubbed his face in Mafu's shirt, tightening his arms around him. "I'm just being ridiculously jealous-" realizing what he was about to say, Soraru stopped himself from continuing.