When I First Saw You - Chapter 5

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction. ABO. (Long)

May contain contents that are not very healthy.

If you're fine with it then please enjoy!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

That night after Soraru came home, they talked again. Not for a very long time, of course, since Mafu needed to get up for work tomorrow. Yep, you heard that right. Mafu could go to work again. Part of this was thanks to Soraru because if it were not for him, Mafu wouldn't have taken good care of himself in the day.

Mafu listened to Soraru's footsteps, getting softer at every second, gradually fading as time passed. He sighed after he made sure that Soraru was really gone. Who knew that the person behind his wall was the Alpha who he sold the coral roses to, and don't forget about Mafu giving him the lavender rose bookmark. Just from thinking about it heats Mafu's body up. As a florist, of course he knew the meaning of each and every flower in his shop, and that does not exclude his favourite flower, the lavender rose. He only hoped that Soraru did not look up for the meaning to it or he'd be too embarrassed to face him.

Amatsuki came back later in the afternoon, his hands were full with groceries, including both Mafu's necessities and tonight's dinner.

"Here, I bought you another bottle of suppressants. The ones I gave you this morning were actually the last of them," Amatsuki said, picking up his medicines from the one of the bags, passing the bottle to him. Mafu received it then immediately opened the cap of the bottle to retrieve two pills, swallowing them without water. Amatsuki stared at him in disbelief.

"What?" Mafu cocked a questioning brow at his best friend.

"No, you usually wouldn't have them for yourself, so I was surprised that you did that," Amatsuki frowned, starting to worry again. "Is the fever getting to you? Did your body temperature rise again?" He closed the distance between him and Mafu, pressing his forehead against Mafu's to see if his fever worsened.

"Amatsuki-kun," Mafu looked at Amatsuki who had a serious face on. "You do know that this wouldn't work if you were trying to take my temperature, right?"

"Eh?" Amatsuki pulled back, giving the looks he gave to Mafu just now when he took his meds, not believing what he just heard. "B-but, Kashitarou-san does this to me when I get a fever,"

"Temperatures are not supposed to be measured that way, Amatsuki-kun... This is not a shoujo manga," Mafu sighed at him, not knowing whether he should laugh at him, afraid that Amatsuki might get upset. "But maybe it's just Kashitarou-san's way to pamper you!" he beamed at him. Mafu was envious of Omegas who have an Alpha by their sides. Taking Amatsuki as an example, he had Kashitarou who would stay by his side whenever he needed help but Mafu on the other hand, could only depend on himself.

Amatsuki turned to continue taking out groceries from the bags, occasionally muttering sentences like, 'I'm so going to kill him when I get back,' or 'How could he even do such embarrassing things?' Mafu chuckled softly before he went forward to help Amatsuki out by putting the groceries in place.

When Amatsuki was at the kitchen trying to make something edible for dinner, Mafu sat in the living room, a cup in hand and a jug of water ready by his side. He drank tons of water even without Amatsuki telling him to, Mafu even tried to take a nap because just as most doctors would say, resting is what's most important for patients.

And so that was it for Mafu's afternoon.

"Wasn't I a good boy?" Mafu giggled, anticipating him to praise him, and he did.