Mafumafu's One Day Off (One-shot)

Warning: I didn't get to proofread. Clueless of what I was writing but I enjoyed every moment of it. No telling you what is coming for you in this one because, hey, surprise, yeah.

Dedicated to sacchii- (31st of May) and the rest of the May babies. Happy birthday.

Mafu stepped out into the veranda, took in a deep breath and let his body stretch as he breathed out. It was a nice and warm sunny day, and it meant that it was a great day to do laundry. Dirty laundry had been lying around in piles due to the cloudy or rainy weather recently. He'd usually call for the housekeeper to come over and take care of things but it was Mafu's day off, and he thought he could do some of the housework on his own for once.

Plus, he needed to get use to cleaning and cooking if he strived to be a good lifetime partner.

He blushed at the thought. Indeed, he and his partner were already sharing a house together and they were not married yet because of, well, the laws, but Mafu really did think he could spend the rest of his life with this man, who was currently sitting in front of the computer, working.

It was one of Soraru's work days today, so they couldn't go out on a date. Pity, it was such a nice day for a date too, but work was important. That was why Mafu should do the laundry! He turned and walked back into the room, letting himself glance over at Soraru across the room before he carried the basket of clothes into the laundry room.

Mafu threw the clothes in, poured in some detergent and softener, and pressed the "on" button on the washer. He then went and carried the futons out to the veranda to expose them under the sunlight, not forgetting to get rid of the dusts by hitting them with a stick he found lying on the ground. He walked back into the laundry room after, retrieving the clothes and brought them back to the veranda to hang.

Oh, he felt so much like a good wife right now, doing only the proper things. He might actually consider cooking for Soraru too.

He paused when he saw there was no space left to put up the clothes. Well... it can't be helped when they haven't done the laundry for almost a week. Guess they'd had to use the dryer today. He grunted when he attempted to carry the remaining clothes back into the laundry room. It wasn't easy to be constantly moving and holding onto something heavy back and forth. He was tired. But laundry was not done yet.

Mafu thought he might as well throw in a new batch of clothes into the washer before he started up the dryer. It was then he felt something warm pressing against his back, hands making his way around his waist, feeling the familiar weight on him. He flinched because he didn't expect Soraru to move from his seat. From what he heard from him an hour ago, he only managed to finish 30% of his work, so he'd probably only finish in the late afternoon today.

"So-Soraru-san!"

"Mafu..." he heard Soraru mumble, burying his face into the crane of Mafu's neck. This soft, sweet tone of his showed that he was tired and wanted Mafu to pamper him. And he only calls him "Mafu" when he wanted hugs and kisses! He was always irresistibly adorable at times like this.

"Did you finish work already?" Mafu continued with the laundries, pouring a little more softener in just because it smelled great. He felt Soraru pull his body to him, causing him to stumble backwards and lean against his chest. Soraru planted a kiss on his cheeks before he answered to Mafu's question.

"No,"

"Then is it even okay for you to leave your computer?" asked Mafu, a little worried if Soraru could meet the deadline today. He walked to the dryer and pulled Soraru with him. "Ishikawa-san said to hand it in later this evening, right?" he threw another question at Soraru as he put the damp clothes in and turned the switch on, setting the dryer on for an hour.