With You - Chapter 1

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Soraru walked down the hallway, taking rather long strides to arrive at his destination as soon as possible. Guards bowed at Soraru when he passed by them, showing their respect to him, and he put up his hand as response to that. He was in a rush. He hadn't the leisure to stop and ask for them to give him an update on what was happening around them. He was thinking he'd probably have them give him a written report on his table by this evening.

He took a sharp turn to the left, the sound of his leather boots tapping against the stone flooring rang loudly as he made his way down another quiet hallway, one which not just anyone was allowed to use, until he saw someone standing in front of the door of a certain chamber he was supposed to enter.

"Report, 96neko," he ordered as he fixed his sleeves when he reached the female servant.

"Aye aye, Sir Sorarun! Lon-chan is still in her bed, Sir!" she raised her hand up over her forehead, making sure it was at the right height and angle, and picked up a foot, stomping it down on the ground with her heels closed, her back straight, a wide grin plastered on her face.

"... How many times have I said to not call the Princess by her name?" Soraru sighed as he closed his eyes, and pressed his fingers down against his temple, giving it a good massage since 96neko tend to give him a headache on how she addresses people, especially the important ones. "It's fine if you call me 'Sorarun', but please, not the Princess,"

"Eh― But Lon-chan said that it was fine," she crossed her arms in front of her chest, going back into a more relaxed standing posture, and pouted unhappily at Soraru. The blond haired servant was not one who could be easily disciplined, and she doesn't take orders from just anyone. But she'd do anything for Soraru and Lon. She pulled at the handle of the door to show Soraru that there was no way to get in from outside. "Anyway, Lon-chan said she needs to see you,"

Soraru looked at the door, and sighed. 96neko moved so that Soraru could stand in front of the door. He put up his fist, and knocked lightly against the surface of it. There was no reply.

"Princess,"

There was still no reply. Soraru sighed for the nth time in the morning, and called out again. He was hesitant, but if he didn't, he would be stuck here together with 96neko for the entire morning. He wouldn't want that because he had other matters to attend to after this.

"... Lon,"

And then the door opened ever so slightly, a blond head poked out a little to peek at Soraru.

"Soraru-san..."

"Princess, his Majesty is still waiting for you at the dining hall," he pushed the heavy door open, and stepped into the dark bedchamber. He made his way to the curtains, and drew them open, letting the sunlight light up the chamber, 96neko followed and did the same with the other curtains.

"But I'm not hungry," Lon stood at her place, her hands holding onto her white nightgown, her cheeks all puffed up, probably because of how well-lit the room had turned.

Soraru said nothing, and moved to fix her bed with 96neko following him. He gestured at 96neko, and without further ado, she went up to Lon so that she could guide her to the dressing room to look a little bit more presentable. Lon shook her head, not wanting to follow.

"Hey, 96-chan, let's go to the garden-"

"Princess,"

"... I hate it when you call me that, Soraru-san," Lon looked away, obviously upset at the situation she was in, but mostly at Soraru. She knew if she acted childish any longer, not only would she anger her father, she would cause Soraru unnecessary trouble as well. She finally gave in, and let 96neko lead her to her dressing room.