Sweets, Sugar, and You - Chapter 1

Warning: ABO. An R-18 series. Mob characters may occur occasionally.

It's been a while.

Please proceed with caution.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Who in the world decided that it was a good idea to make a gender-based hierarchy system exist in this crooked world? Was it the humans? No, it couldn't be since it was something supernatural that humans weren't capable of controlling, especially with genders. Was it one of the plans of the Gods though? Maybe.

But one thing was certain.

Humans were definitely the one who started ranking the people around them.

In a world where not only the two basic genders existed, it certainly did not make everyone's lives a good one. There were three other sub-genders that now decide your identity, your future, your fate; as Alpha, Beta or Omega. All three of these sub-genders were forced to co-exist with the current one, and it wasn't as simple as one would think.

The Betas had it the easiest. There basically was little to no change in their gender at all. The males would do the impregnating, and the females would do the receiving, simple. But this was not all.

The lucky ones would be the Alphas. Being at the top of the hierarchy among these three sub-genders, they excelled in everything. Even if it was their first time at it, they'd always seem to do better than the rest who weren't Alphas. Calling it beginner's luck wasn't going to cut it, unfortunately. They were just that good. They were Alphas.

And then there was the one sub-gender which everyone would often label the "unlucky one".

They were at the bottom of the hierarchy. It didn't matter in this case, if it was a man or a woman, as long as they were an Omega, pregnancy was possible. Omegas were born weaker than the Betas, naturally submissive to Alphas. People often discriminated against them, thinking that they were just reproduction tools to increase the human population and nothing more.

... Could it get any worse for being an Omega though?

-

It was just another busy day at the bakery.

Batches and batches of breads, pastries, cakes, and cookies had been baked over and over again throughout the day to meet demands. It was a good thing that business at the shop was going so well, but to be doing this almost every day was taking its toll on his body. He was lucky that he wasn't working alone on this though.

"Pon-kun, are you getting better at counting?" said the neighbourhood's grandma who was a regular at this place. She smiled warmly as the boy in front of her counted how much change did he owe her with his hands.

"Please don't distract me, Midori-obaachan!" he exclaimed as he quickly picked up a pencil and wrote down the numbers that he was about to forget and decided to just do his calculations on a piece of paper instead of cracking his brain for a solution.

Grandma Midori laughed, and so did the people who were lining up behind her. Even though the boy was taking his time with the cashiering, everyone didn't seem to mind, which was a relief.

"... Two hundred and seventy-five yen... I'm done, Midori-obaachan! Here you go!" the boy announced happily and there was a round of applause from everyone in the store. After Grandma Midori received her change, he grinned from ear to ear. "I'm still far from good but I do think I am better at it!"