Happy Birthday (One-shot)

Warning: Fluff. Long one-shot.

Happy birthday, to the one who showed me how nasty but beautiful the world is with his singing. I'm happy I got to know of you.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

"Soraru-san! Soraru-san! Do you know what day is it?"

Soraru raised his head up lazily to look at him. Mafu stared at him with eyes filled with anticipation, wanting Soraru to guess it right. But the dark haired man put his eyes back on the game he had been playing since yesterday and gave him a weak shrug. Mafu patted him on his shoulders again, not happy with the lack of attention he was given by Soraru.

He could have at least pampered him for the day since today was the 18th of October.

That's right.

The 18th of October was Mafumafu's birthday.

And yet, not only did Soraru forget about it, he also wouldn't give him the attention that he wanted since the day had started. It was seven o' clock in the morning, and Soraru was still sitting there, refusing to move.

"Come on, Soraru-san!" with two hands on Soraru's shoulders, Mafu shook him vigorously, very upset at him for ignoring him. "You can do better than that!"

Soraru switched off the gaming console, placed it face down on the table, and looked up at him.

"Mafumafu,"

"Yes!" Mafu stopped with his actions and stood still with his hands stuck on his sides. He stared at Soraru with his big, sparkly eyes, eager to listen to Soraru's next words.

However, Soraru only picked up his chopsticks that were placed on the table in his right hand, and the rice bowl in the left. Clasping a piece of meat from his plate in between his chopsticks, Mafu thought he was going to feed him it and bent his body a little so that it was easier for Soraru to put it into his mouth. But that didn't happen either. Soraru chewed on his food then stared at Mafu for his questioning actions.

"Sit down and eat your breakfast already," he ate another piece of meat before sending in a mouthful of rice in his mouth, chewing deliberately on them.

"B-but!"

"What do you mean by 'but'? We're going to be late,"

Mafu stopped at his sentence. They were late? To where?

"Don't tell me you forgot about it? It's today!"

Was Soraru just teasing him all this while? Mafu felt his body relax a bit. He knew Soraru wasn't the kind of person who would forget about his birthday like how he forgets about his wallet. Mafu pretended that he forgot what day it was and shook his head. Soraru let out an exasperated sigh at him.

"You said you wanted to go to the amusement park, have you forgotten?"

Mafu dropped his weight on his chair and picked up his chopsticks, poking at his rice disinterestedly, seeming very sad and disappointed. All he wanted was him to tell him those two, simple but meaningful words. That was all he wanted. Though he had indeed forgotten about them heading to the amusement park today when he was the one who suggested it.

Mafu stuffed food in his mouth until it was all full, just so he could avoid talking to Soraru. He was afraid that he might start tearing up as he felt a lump at his throat. He sniffled quietly, pushing in rice into his mouth from the bowl so that he wouldn't get found out. But it was Soraru he was talking about, it would just be a matter of time until he realizes the difference.