I'm not ready

I woke up the next morning looking like a zombie. I didn't even bother to take off any of my make-up. I got up and headed to the mirror there was mascara spread across my face from how much crying I did. Well you know what they say if you cry yourself to sleep, you sleep better. Well until you wake up. Memories from last night flash in to my head. The picture. The stares. Niall's face. The words he said. He didn't even let me explain. I've changed. He doesn't know how sensitive I am. I washed my face and put on some lounging clothes. I sat on my bed and tried to fill my mind with positive thoughts I managed to even though it was nearly impossible. I headed down stairs and made myself some breakfast and sat on the couch and ate in slience.

Niall's POV

I woke and grabbed my phone like every morning and was about to send Emily a good morning text but then I remembered our little fight. Then remembered the party and how I yelled at her. I yelled at my little princess she probably Hates me how could I let this happen. A rush of guilt came over me. What did I do there's probably a simple explanation for that picture, and I didn't even give her a chance to talk. I went into the bathroom and washed up. Then I slipped on some clothes and added a hat. I grabbed my keys and brace myself for what could happen next. I started my car and headed for Emily's house.

Emily's POV

I heard a knoccked at the door I and almost didn't answer it. I was they only one home for one and for two I look like a complete mess. I got up from the couch were I've been sitting for the past hour. I stretched and made little dinosaur noises as I headed to the door although surprisingly I didn't regret it. I opened the door and saw Niall standing there. He looks like he hasn't slept in days. His eyes are bloodshot. has he been crying?

"Hey" is simply all he said. I didn't know what to say if i should be mad your not. so I simply just said

"Hi" and then he started to really talk

"Emily I don't know what happened in the past but I would of known if I just shut up and let you explain. I'm sorry"

wait does he want me to explain now I can't I'm not ready. I've been doing so good and I don't want to be reminded of how I let my mom down. I hope he understands that I'm not ready.

"Can I come in?" he said. I'm so confused are we broken up or not things are really awkward right now.

"yeah yeah sorry" I said feeling bad i didn't let my boyfriend in. We haven't said anything of the sort so he's still my boyfriend I think. He came in and sat on the couch. He turned to face me and looked me in the eyes and said

"please explain I'm lost" Those 4 words raced through my mind. I don't even know where to begin I'm not ready I need to think this out. I look back up at Niall and I can tell he is getting frusted on how long I'm taking to reply. I guess it's now or never.

"Niall my mom died of cancer and things just changed a lot for me. Well I changed. I did some things that I really regret. When my dad and I came here it was kind of a new start a new family new school a new me." I said all of this very slow and didn't look up at Niall not even once. I didn't want to know what he was thinking. After a long time of slients I finally looked up to see Niall playing with his hands in his lap. He finally says.

"Emily I don't know what kind of things you did. and I'm sorry that Maddie made you look like the bad guy. but i know that, that Emily in the picture is not the Emily that I know and I know that I love you."

"I love you too" I'm so glad that he understands and love me enough to see the real me.

Niall's POV

There was still that really curious side of me wondering what happened but something tells me it's not that bad and she will hopefully tell me when she's ready.