Chapter 13: Bandages

He's been out for hours and hasn't even stirred. At least I stir when I'm unconscious.
I've been by his side ever since I woke up in the Mount Justice Medbay and found him unconscious.
Since then Black Canary explained to me what had happened.
We got gassed with Fear toxin by the Joker and almost died. If we had've breathed in anymore our lungs would have shut down and we'd suffocate. But John shut off the gas and got us out of there before the place exploded.
By the time Batman, Red Tornado and Black Canary got to us, some of us had already dispersed, except for those of us that were unconscious that is. But they found Meghan silently crying a few metres away from us behind a rock in her white martian form. Aqualad was in a puddle. They followed a path of ripped up trees that lead them to Superboy and Wally had ran to California, apparently trying to outrun something, or someone.

I know the fear toxin was powerful enough to even make Batman scared. But I didn't think it would destroy our entire team so easily.
Right now Black Canary has been taking the members that have woken into a therapy session to talk about what happened. I've yet to have mine but I'm really not looking forward to it. She's gonna find out that I've been having the dreams again. I'm gonna be the broken one again. I don't want to be the broken one. I don't want to be the anything. I just want to stay me.

Robin stirred and my attention immediately fell onto him.
The whites of his mask appeared and he immediately started to launch up into a sitting position. But I forced my fingers onto his chest and pushed him back onto the bed.

"DOWN!" I ordered. "You have burns all up your back, an two arrow wounds in your arm and torso. You aren't getting up!" 

He smiled as my hand pushed him back down.

"So Artemis managed to get two shots in me. She got lucky." He said, feeling the bandage on his chest.

"No, you were too busy trying to force a gas mask onto me that she was easily able to shoot you." I stated.

"You're right, its your fault." He joked. "How do you remember that I was shoving a mask on your face?"

"I don't." I answered. "John told me. The same John that saved your life. He took majority of the impact of the explosion and still managed to wake up before you."

"There was an explosion?" Robin asked.

"Apparently. I wasn't awake either."

"How do we miss all this stuff. Why are we always knocked unconscious?" Robin complained.

"I don't know." I said. "But on the bright side, I'm not the one with the serious injury. So I get to play the doctor now."

"I don't like how you said that."

"I do." I smiled. "Your bandage needs changing." I said, gesturing to the bandage on his torso that was covered in dried up and black blood.

"Does that mean I can sit up now?" He asked.

"Well that would help." I said, grabbing a clean bandage roll from the cupboards.

He sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for me to come back.

"So wheres John now?" Robin asked.

"He left" I answered, walking back towards him.

"They let him leave?"

"He didn't really ask. He just... walked out. Said he had more important things to do."

"Let me guess. He didn't elaborate on things he had to do?"