Chapter 28: The Wisdom of Babs

Dicks POV

Babs held the door open for me, gesturing for me to enter her apartment. It's been a while since i've been here. But the place hasn't changed a bit.

"Your father working?" I asked.

She replied with a nod. I already knew he wouldn't be here. He's never here, which is understandable. Being Police Commissioner is a twenty-four hour job, especially in a place like Gotham.

Babs walked into the kitchen.

"You hungry, I'm always starving after school."

"No thanks, I'm good Babs."

I did not have an appetite. Not with what I'm about to tell Barbara. I should really just get it over with.

Barbara walked out of the kitchen with two apples. Even though I said no to food she still chucked one at me anyway. I caught it and immediately sat it down on the table beside me.

"So, I still want to know. What's going on between Katie and you? What's so bad that you can't say it in public?" She questioned.

I took a deep breathe.

"Okay Babs, you might want to sit down for this."

She pulled out a chair from the table and sat down, taking a bite out of her apple.

"Okay.......Alright........Babs....................I'm Robin."

Her facial expression didn't change. Instead she just simply took another bite from the apple.
Not quite the reaction I was expecting.

"Babs. I'm Robin." I said again, thinking she hadn't heard me.

This time she looked up at me.

"And?" Was all she said.

I stared at her, dumbfounded.

"Okay. Maybe this hasn't fully sank in. I. AM. ROBIN." I said slowly.

She just smiled at me.

"Dick. Thats old news man."

My eyes widened. "You knew?"

"Pffft. Please, I figured it out years ago."

"YOU KNEW!" I exclaimed.

She just laughed.

"Yeah. And Bruce is Batman and Katie is Ocelot."

I just stared at her. I couldn't believe it.

"Wh-bu-I-huh?" I stumbled.

"I figured you'd tell me eventually, which you did." She shrugged.

I pulled out a chair and sat down. This was too much. She's known for years. How? What gave me away?

"Do you need some water? Your face is really red." Barbara asked.

I looked at her.