Chapter 44: Save the Children... And Jason

We caught up with Lindsay and Barbara and helped them take down a few crooks before entering the east wing. As we stepped inside we felt like we were immediately transported into the mind of a madman.
The view in front of us showed random railway tracks going from one end of the room to the other, going either vertical or horizontal or diagonal or diagonally vertical. Green and purple, the Jokers colours, flashed across the entire complex. The entire place was littered with confetti and broken toys and just a bunch of other junk. And in the background was the colourful and cheerful sound of circus music. But there was nothing cheerful about the dozen children that were being stored in large birdcages hanging from the ceiling.
Robin pointed to the children.

"Priority number one. Jason will have to wait."

"By the looks of it, your friend doesn't wanna wait" Lindsay stated, pointing to the floor.

I followed his finger and found that he was pointed at a large group of thugs that were being attacked by a young Robin.

"Is he able to take that many down?" Barbara asked.

"We aren't gonna stand here to find out." Robin said. "Get down there and help him." He then jumped down onto the floor and charged towards the group and Jason. We followed.

As we got there Jason was being pinned to the ground, a knife at his neck. Robin kicked the thug off of him and helped the boy up. The rest of us set out to clear the room. I ran up to a man with a clown mask on his face (all the thugs had strange masks on). I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his neck, flipping him onto the ground. Another clown man ran at me with a knife, I kicked it out of his hand and took him down. I looked over to see Lindsay taking down several thugs. The guy could fight, but it was nothing like Johns. His punches we more guessed than accurate. He'd punch a guy in a place that wouldn't even do any damage.

I suddenly got a boot to the head and was on the ground. I'd let myself get distracted by Joh– Lindsay. I'd gotten distracted by Lindsay.
The thug that kicked stood overhead and was about to slam his foot into me. Until a red figure tackled him and knocked him out. Robin then appeared over me and held out his hand.

"You good?" He asked.

I took his hand and nodded. He nodded as well and went back to the fight. But he didn't go to far. I knew he was gonna stay near me incase something happened again. I shook myself. I needed to concentrate or I was going to get myself killed.... Again.
After one more shake I decided to return to the fight but found that I couldn't. Everyone had already been taken out.
Robin returned by my side, Lindsay, Batgirl and JayRob with him.

"We need to find a way to get those kids down." Robin stated.

"No duh," Jason said.

Robin glared down and JayRob.

"You are going to shut up until we get back home!" Robin angrily growled. "You have no idea how pissed Batman will be!"

"I've stolen the wheels off that guys car. I think I know how to handle him when he's angry." Jason retorted.

I just laughed. The kid thinks he can handle an angry Batman.

"He's gonna skin you alive." I smirked, moving in close to Jason.

Jason shrugged. "No he wouldn't. He doesn't kill."

"She never said he'd kill you." Robin smirked as well. "It's just that he'll torture you in the worse way possible."

Jason gulped.

"Listen." Lindsay stepped forward. "I know you guys are busy scaring the kid with threats. But we kind've have to save these kids."