Chapter 30: This Is Chapter 30

My finger hovered over Dicks name on my phone.
I want to call him. I really do. But I'm scared. What will he think of me? I'm a disgusting human being and should never ever be allowed to be with someone like Dick.
Throughout the day i've been hiding out at Artemis's. I passed out on the car ride here and have been asleep almost all day. I'm so hungover that its actually kind of funny. But I'm not laughing about it.
The memories of last night have been slowly returning to me. Part of the reason is because I found some photos on my phone of some... Things.
But most of the photos show Chris and I being really close, really really close. I almost vomited at the sight of myself, grinding against the guy and making out with him. What is wrong with me? I shouldn't be doing this? It isn't me. But it clearly is. I immediately deleted all of the photos after going through them. I didn't want to see them ever again.
My finger moves away from Dicks name on my contacts and turns off my phone. I can't bring myself to call him. I won't even be able to look at him. Even though we haven't even talked for the past week.

"You feeling any better?" Artemis asked walking in a sitting next to me on the bed.

I shake my head and she immediately pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone last night. Hell, I shouldn't have even taken you there. The night was supposed to get you feeling great again but i've just made it worse. I'm a terrible friend."

She soaked tears into my shirt. This was a rare sight. Artemis was crying into my shoulder.

"And now I'm acting like this when you should be the one crying into me." She continued.

I smiled and pulled her in tighter.

"You're not a terrible friend. You just made a mistake." I comforted her. 

She backed away from my grip and smiled at me.

"I hope I haven't put you off parties." She said.

"I might not go to one for a while." I replied.

She nodded and put an arm back around me. We sat there in each other company for several minutes.

"Artemis?"

"Yeah?"

"What am I going to tell Dick?"

Artemis stared at me with wide eyes. She didn't have an answer for me, I could tell. But she'll try to help. She always does.

"Dicks reasonable. Maybe he'll understand."

I shook my head. "He wasn't reasonable about John. He was convinced that he was a criminal."

"You said he left a message saying he desperately wanted to talk to you. He wants you back. He'll forgive you for a little kiss."

"It wasn't a little kiss. It was sexual. It was horrible. I was horrible."

"Don't put yourself so low Katie. It was the alcohol that did those things."

"And it used my body. Its my fault and I'm gonna lose Dick because of it."

Artemis looked down at the floor, then looked back at me with a new idea.

"What if you just don't tell him?" She suggested.

I frowned at her.

"I have to tell him. I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"Alright. Then this can go two ways then. You tell him and he forgives you and you stay together forever. Or he gets really angry, says more offensive things to you and you break up forever. Either way, you have to tell him something." Artemis explained.

I nodded at her.

"I'll tell him. When I'm ready I'll tell him."

__________________________

Dicks POV

"Where could she be?" I questioned. Pacing around the room.

"I don't know." Jason answered, not paying much attention to me while playing one of my video games.

"She hasn't called me back. And she went out last night. What if something happened to her?"

"...." No answer from Jason.

I continued to pace. I was worried.

"Has something happened or does she just not want to talk to me? What if she absolutely hates me? She might break up with me. AndIdon'tthinki'llbeabletohandlethatbecauseIloveherandIdonotwanttoloseher."

My speed-talking got the attention of Jason. He paused his game and looked at me.

"Listen. You are working yourself up. Katie is fine. She only semi-hates you and how the hell did you even manage to talk that fast?"

I looked at the boy. He was right. I was working myself up. Making myself angsty. I took a deep breathe.

"Thanks Jason." I said.

He shrugged. "I still want to know how you speed talked like that." He said, going back to his game.

I smiled at him.

"Maybe i've been spending too much time with Wally." I answered.

"So far i've learned that Wally's an idiot. How is he still alive?" The boy asked.

I narrowed my eyes in thought and sat down on the couch next to him.

"That is actually a good question."

"John told me that he hated Wally the most and would tell me stupid stories about stuff the kid has done."

"There are a lot of stories." I laughed. I then looked back at Jason as he focussed on the screen. "Have you heard from John lately?" I asked.

Jason paused the game again and looked at me.

"He gave me a letter." He stated.

"Really?"

"Yeah. He just explained why he left and said he was proud of me and asked if I knew where his Skull mask was."

The boy was trying to shrug it off but I could tell he was happy about the letter.

"You really like John, do you?" I asked him.

"Well, I do say he's my brother so... Yeah, I like him."

"You think we could ever be brothers?"

The boy literally looked me up and down before answering.

"No."

He then immediately went back to his game.

;)
Ocelots are cats.