Chapter 16

"Bobby! What did you do?" Jackie asked running her fingers through Jack's hair and patting his cheeks in an attempt to wake him, "What the hell's wrong with you?" Bobby stepped closer to Jackie, "You've been drinking! That's why you punched him."

   "Bobby," Mrs. Kennedy gasped, "You know you get drunk easily and then you do dumb things."

   "Jack," Jackie said gently, "Please wake up."

   Jean handed Jackie a wet washcloth, "Here, Jackie, put this on his head."

   Jackie put the washcloth on Jack's forehead. After a few minutes, Jack blinked awake. "What happened?" Jack moaned holding his head.

   "Shhh," Jackie whispered, "Don't move."

   "Jackie, I feel nauseous and I can't see."

   "Call for an ambulance," Jackie said looking up at Eunice.

   Eunice nodded and took off to make the call.

   Jackie sat holding Jack in her arms, "Jack, stay awake."

   "It's dark, Jackie."

   Finally the paramedics arrived and took Jack to the hospital. Jackie rode in the ambulance with him. When they arrived at the hospital, Jack was taken from Jackie leaving her alone in the waiting room. The rest of the family arrived soon after, "Where's Bobby?" Jackie asked.

   "He didn't come," Teddy said quietly.

   Jackie sighed. They sat waiting for awhile and then a doctor came out to talk to them, "Mr. Kennedy is fine. He has a mild concussion."

   "Can we see him?" Rose asked.

   "Yes. Just one at a time though; and he was actually asking for someone name Jackie."

   Jackie stood up and followed the doctor to Jack's room. She walked in and Jack immediately said, "I'm sorry."

   "No, it was an accident. I'm not mad at you."

   "Bobby is."

   "I don't know why. You both had a few drinks. I don't know," Jackie sighed, "You were just being a stupid ass like usual."

   Jack grinned at Jackie and then grabbed her hand. Jackie's eyes locked with Jack's. They leaned in and then Jackie put her hand underneath his chin. Jack put his arm on Jackie's neck and pulled her in close. "I love you, Jackie," Jack moaned as their lips met.