Chapter 20

That evening as Jackie and Jack walked along the beach, Jackie told Jack what had occurred with Bobby.

"So you're off of the hook?" Jack asked.

"Don't say it like that," Jackie said taking a seat on the beach.

Jack sat down and put his head on Jackie's shoulder, "Well, what can we say?"

"We can take it slow and get to know each other. Then we can announce it to the world."

"What do you mean?"

"Jack, you're a Kennedy and a representative for Massachusetts. You don't think a lot of eyes are on you?"

       "Either I ignore or don't realize it anymore and you should do the same."

      "I'll try, Jack," Jackie whispered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       A few weeks later, Jack and Jackie had the compound to themselves. All of the girls had gone with Rose to New York and the boys had gone with Joe to the capital. Jackie cooked dinner while Jack sat with his feet propped up. "How's your back?" Jackie asked as she stirred her spaghetti sauce.

      "Sore," Jack replied as he flipped through the newspaper.

      "Just relax. We have all weekend to just relax," Jackie smiled slightly glancing over at Jack, "Are you alright?" she asked noticing him standing up.

       "I feel strange," Jack replied.

        "Well, sit-"

         No sooner had Jackie began to speak when Jack collapsed hitting the floor.