Chapter 88

Jackie laid in her hospital bed. She didn't remember what had happened. All had gone well since they had gotten home from the beach, but it seemed to have taken a turn. She didn't know where her husband was and when she looked down, she realized she didn't know where her baby had gone. Just as panic began to take over, Lyndon walked into the room, "Hey, how are you doing?" he asked as her eyes darted about the room.

"Lyndy, where's Jack? Where's my baby?" she asked grabbing his hand.

"Bobby, Jack, and your handsome baby boy are in Boston's Children's hospital."

"Why? What's wrong?"

Lyndon sat down on the edge of her bed, "Your baby was having a hard town breathing. He's doing alright at the moment. They think he'll be okay."

"How long have I been out?"

"Well, your baby was born on the 7th. Do you remember?"

"I remember being rushed here and then going unconscious, waking up to have Jack kiss me, and then falling asleep."

"That would've been yesterday when they left for Boston. Today's the 10th of August. Hey, I'm going to call Jack and let him know you're awake and alright. Then I'll be back and update you on your kid, okay?"

Jackie nodded. She took a deep breath and let it out, "Why the hell can't I remember anything?" Jackie asked herself. She tried to piece the story together. It didn't work so she resorted to closing her eyes and waiting for Lyndon to come back. When he knocked on the door, her eyes opened quickly.

"Jackie! I have wonderful news!"

"My baby? He's-"

"He's going to be fine. I mean, they want to keep him in the hospital for awhile. He's teeny tiny, but he's going to be okay," Lyndon's voice began to crack.

Jackie started crying and he looked at her, "Oh, get over here and hug me."

He hugged her, "Congratulations, Jackie."

"When can I get to Boston to see my baby?"

"They want to monitor you for about a week. There were a lot of complication with the delivery of him. So the doctors are worried about your health too, but as soon as you're discharged, I'll get you up to Boston."

Finally, Jackie was discharged after a week of monitoring. Lyndon accompanied her to Boston where she finally got to properly meet her baby. Lyndon wheeled Jackie down to the baby's room in a wheelchair. Despite being released, Jackie was still very weak. "Oh my God! Jackie!" Jack jumped out of his chair and ran to hug his wife.

"Hey, Bunny," Jackie said as a few tears fell from her eyes, "God, I don't know why I'm crying. Everything is actually okay."

"Hell of a week," Jack said as he began to cry himself."

"You aren't kidding."

"Do you remember anything?"

"Not a thing. What happened?"

"You were in pain when we woke up. We rushed you to the hospital and they said they were going to keep you. Then next thing I know, they're taking you down for a c-section. They took the baby and you were pumped full of drugs because your body started to freak out from the trauma of it all. I suppose you remember after that."

"No, I just remember you kissing me goodbye. I haven't met our son yet."

"Oh, well. Here he is," Jack said presenting their tiny baby."