Chapter 17

"Jack, can we keep this our little secret for awhile?"

   "Absolutely. I'll do anything if it means that you may be mine one day." He pulled Jackie over and kissed her again.

   "Well, it isn't going to be a secret if you keep doing that."

   "I can't help it, Jackie."

   "You'd better figure out how to help it then," Jackie giggled. She then sighed, "I'd better let some of your family come in here to see you."

   "Do you have to?" he asked with his thick Boston accent.

   "Yes, I have to."

   Jack held onto Jackie's hand, "You're a tease, Jacqueline."

   Jackie just smiled and left him in the room, "What'd Jack want to talk to you about?" Rose asked.

   "He wanted to apologize to me. That's all."

   "He's a good boy," Rose commented.

   "You can go see him now if you want."

   Rose stood up and walked back to Jack's room while Jackie sat down. Jackie slumped down in her seat and sighed. She had been sighing a lot lately. Everything going on in her life lately had been stressful and she was tired.

   "Hey, Jackie, are you okay?" Joe asked as he sat down next to her and handed her a paper cup with tea in it.

   "Thanks, Joe. I'm... I'm fine. Thank you."

   "You're not fine," Joe shook his head and put his arm around Jackie's shoulders, "Let's take a walk."

   He and Jackie began walking down the halls of the hospital sipping at their tea while Joe had his arm around Jackie's shoulders.

   "What's going on with you? I won't say a single word to anyone if you don't want me to."

   Jackie looked into Joe's eyes, "You can't say one word."

   "I swear, dear," Joe nodded seriously.

   "I'm in love with your son."

   "I know. I'm excited for you to be a Kennedy."

   "Wrong son."

   "Teddy?" Joe questioned surprised.

   "No," Jackie said laughing a little, "I love Jack."