Chapter 67

Jackie recovered from her health scare and was then allowed to go home with her baby. Their first night as a family of five at home was chaotic. Jackie wasn't allowed to lift her children. She was only allowed to hold them if they were placed in her arms. This left Jack practically alone for the bedtime duties.

    "Harrison!" Jackie heard Jack yelling, "What the hell are you doing to your sister?"

    Arabella giggled, "We play arts, Daddy."

    "Arabella, go sit in the bathtub and wait for Daddy. Harrison, go put your art supplies away and wash your hands."

    Jackie was giggling while she sat on the couch in the living room. Caroline then began to cry.

    "Son of a bitch," Jack muttered as he bounded down the stairs just to turn around and go back up them. A moment later, Jack brought Caroline down to Jackie. "Thanks, Jack," Jackie grinned.

    "Yeah, yeah, yeah," Jack smiled and leaned in for a kiss, but before Jackie could kiss him Arabella interrupted.

    "Daddy! I think I oopsied."

    "Jesus Christ," Jack mumbled running away.

    Jackie then heard water dripping and Jack loudly saying, "Now didn't I tell you just to sit still?"

    "I just try to get my bath. I sorry."

    Jackie finally called upstairs, "What happened?"

    "You're daughter overflowed the bathtub," Jack replied, "Harrison!"

    Jackie heard the doorbell ring and called, "Who is it?"

    "It's Bobby!"

    "It's open."

    Bobby walked into the living room, "Jackie, how are you?"

    "I'm alright. How are you?"

    "I'm well. I came to apologize. Jackie, you've always been my best friend and I've been acting like a jackass. I'm so sorry. You and Jack were meant for..."

    "Jackie, where do you keep the bandaids?"

    "In the cupboard about the sink. Is everyone alright?"

    "We're good. What towel can I use to wipe up some blood?"

    "I can't take this any longer! Bobby take her. I have to go check on my husband and children."

    "Sure," Bobby replied taking Caroline into his arms.

    "Careful of her head."

    "Yep, we're good. Go check on, Jack."

    Jackie slowly made her way of the steps.

    "Oh, Harrison," Jackie said kneeling down as Harrison leaned his bloody head on her shoulder.

    "Mama, my head hurts."

    Jack came with a towel and held it over the cut on Harrison's head.

    "What happened?" Jackie asked.

    "He slipped on the floor and smack his head on the tub."

    "Where's Arabella?"

    "She's sitting on top of the stool in the bathroom."

    "Grab her and take her downstairs to Uncle Bobby. We need to take him to the hospital."

     "Bobby!" Jack called as he carried Arabella down the steps, "Can you watch the kids?"

     "Of course, Jack. Is everything alright?"

      "No, Harrison slipped and smacked his head off of the tub. We're taking him to the hospital."

     "Okay," Bobby nodded, "Hey, be safe."

     "Thanks, Bob," Jack smiled and after  a moment, he ran back upstairs to get Jackie and Harrison.