Chapter 62

"Oh my God! John freaking Kennedy!" Jackie screamed from their bedroom.

"What?" Jack asked grinning as he poked his head into the bedroom.

"I'm going to slap you," she said beginning to laugh as she shook her head.

"What did I do?"

Jackie picked up a fake rat that Jack had placed in her sock drawer as a joke.

"Oh, that."

"I ought to choke you."

"You love me," Jack smiled.

"You are correct, Mr. Kennedy," Jackie sighed as she hugged him. Jack pulled her so that her back was leaning against his stomach and then he placed his hands on her baby bump.

     "How's Baby Kennedy?" Jack asked.

      "Baby Kennedy is wonderful," Jackie said kissing Jack's cheek. Jack then began playfully nipping her neck.

      "What do you say, Kid? The kids aren't home and it won't be long until we can't do this for awhile."

      Jackie and Jack made their way to the bed.

       They laid together for a long time after they had been intimate. They didn't speak. They just laid there and cuddled, something Jackie loved more than anything. "Jack?"

"Yeah?" he whispered back.

"I'm so excited for this baby."

"Me too."

The phone rang and Jack got up to get it. After he talked for a minute, Jack ran back to Jackie. "Jackie, get dressed. Bobby needs you."

Jackie rolled out of bed and slipped into a dress, "Did he say what the hell was wrong?"

"No, he was sobbing and I don't know. Just go make sure my brother's alright."

Jackie kissed Jack quickly and then she dashed out of the house. She didn't even knock on his front door; she just ran inside the house. "Bobby! Bob! Where are you at?"

"Oh Jackie," he said standing up from where he was sitting. He walked toward Jackie and hugged her.

"What's wrong?"

"We did a paternity test."

"Oh my."

"It's not mine."

"Oh, Bobby. Honey," Jackie sighed, "It's alright."

    "How am I supposed to live my life and raise this kid knowing that he or she isn't mine?"

    "Bobby, it's not the kid's fault. You can't treat him or her any differently. That'll be your baby the second you hold him or her in your arms."

    "What if I can't tolerate Ethel anymore? Do you realize how bad it feels for someone to betray you like that?"

    "You're asking the wrong person this question, Bob. For heavens sakes, I went through that exact same thing." Jackie wasn't angry with Bobby, but she was frustrated, "So let's leave this damn pity party and figure out real solutions, huh?"

    Bobby was slightly shocked, "I guess you're right, Jackie," he said quietly.

    "I am right. Don't screw things up like Jack I did. We knew we tore our life apart. We got lucky, Bobby. You might not get as lucky."

     Bobby looked deeply into Jackie's eyes and then leaned in closer to her. Without another thought, he pressed his lips against hers.