Chapter 111

Jack joined Jackie in bed where she was laying on her side, "Hey, Kid," he kissed her cheek.

   "Hi, Bunny, I wanted to talk to you about something. I want to go to a Lamaze class. I was reading a book and it occurred to me that we never went to a Lamaze class."

  "Sure, whatever you want."

   "Thanks," Jackie rolled over to look at Jack. He climbed into the bed and sat next to Jackie. He put his hand on her stomach and kissed it.

   "Hi, babies," he said quietly.

   Jackie smiled as she lifted her night gown to reveal her bare belly.  

   "Doc took a measurement of my belly today and he said I'm already bigger than I was the day I delivered Josie."

   "Wow," Jack said shocked. 

   "Hey, are you sure you want to go to this Lamaze class with me?"

   "Of course!"

    Bobby came over the next day to take Jackie out for lunch. Jack was flying to Washington DC to see what was going on with the Watergate Scandal. Bobby came to the door in a polo and khakis, "Oh, Bobby!" Jackie said awkwardly hugging him around her stomach, "You look great!"

    "Thank you! I'm doing great!"

    "I see that!"

   "How are my nieces or nephews?"

   "They're good!"

   "Wonderful, how about some lunch?"

  They left for lunch. When they got there, Jackie asked Bobby a question that had been bothering her?"

   "Hey, has Harrison said anything to you?"

   "About what?"

   "The twins?"

   "Nah, why?"

   "He said to me last night he was worried about me, but that didn't really seem like the issue. Jack came up to bed after talking to Harrison and he seemed a little heated."

   Bobby shrugged while looking at the menu, "Don't stress about it, but I'll find out what's going on."

    Jackie smiled and thanked him. After a lovely lunch with her best friend, Jackie was taken home. She took a nap which had become a usual ritual with her pregnancy. 

   When she woke, she found Rose sitting in the living room reading. "Hey, do you have a minute?"

   "Sure," Rose answered.

   "How did you handle all of those kids that far apart in age?"

   "The same way you handle your kids now. Why?"

   "Harrison's been acting quite strange lately."

   "I noticed that too. Jackie, don't worry about it. He's a boy and he doesn't know how to handle emotions. He'll get over it."

   "I'll trust you there."

   Time was going quickly. Jackie and Jack were attending their first Lamaze class in June. They sat in a circle on the floor. 

    "Alright, let's introduce ourselves and tell how many children we have," the instructor said.

   Everyone else went first leaving Jack and Jackie for last, "I'm Jackie and this is Jackie. These will be our seventh and eighth children."

    The majority of the people in the room gave them a strange look for being there. 

    After the class, they left and went home. "Never again," Jackie groaned as she waddled to the car with hands on her back.

   "Those people stared at us the entire time. My God, don't they know who we are? It's all over the news that we're having twins."

   By the end of July, Jackie had nearly had it with her pregnancy. She was tired all of the time and miserable. Not for long though because on her birthday, her water broke. 

   "Jack!" 

  He saw the puddle and immediately rushed Jackie to the hospital. 

  After hours of labor, Jackie and Jack were proud to name their new son and daughter Kelly Irene Kennedy and William Fitzgerald Kennedy. 

   The whole family came to see them in the hospital and Harrison hugged Jack, "I'm sorry, Dad. You were right. I apologized to Anna and we're fine."

   "Good. I love you, Harrison."

   Jackie smiled holding her babies, "What I have here in this room is enough love for a lifetime."