Chapter 52

Months went by and Jack was content with just being able to hold Jackie in his arms, but eventually, he wanted more. And he came up with a romantic roadmap for Valentine's Day. He planned everything perfectly. He got home on Friday and to get everything set in place for Saturday. Roses, candy, and of course a babysitter were at the top of his list. So after ordering roses and chocolates, he asked his mother to babysit. Of course, Rose agreed.

Early on Saturday morning, Jack carried his two children over to his mother's and got to work making Jackie's breakfast. He pulled out the recipe box and started to make Belgian waffles. "Ah! That's the flower deliverer!" he said out loud dashing to get the door. The flower delivery man happened to be the son of an old neighbor and he began to chat with him.

"Sir."

"I think it's just great how-"

"Sir!" the young man said trying to stop Jack from rambling anymore, "There's smoke coming from your kitchen."

"Oh shit! Thank you, son."

Jack set the roses on the table and ran to get the burning waffles.

"Jack, what are you doing?" Jackie asked laughing. She looked perfect. Every hair was in place; her dress fit her perfectly; and her makeup was already plastered on. "Come on, get your burning waffle out of the waffle iron. I made plans for us."

"But-"

"It's Valentine's Day, Jack. I plan on showing both of us a good time if you know what I mean."

Jack seemed to drool. After he hurriedly got dressed, Jackie took him to a surprise destination. When they arrived he smiled, "Aw, Jackie. This is so thoughtful of you."

They pulled up to a quaint beach house in Delaware where Jackie parked. "It's ours for a long weekend." He smiled and kissed her cheek and then she led him into the the house, "Isn't it cute? Lee found it and said we'd just love it. Here's the master," Jackie said showing Jack around.

Jack sat on the bed and grabbed Jackie by the waist, pulling her into his lap. "It's only afternoon, Jack!" she giggled.

"Jackie, I've waited for this moment for almost a year," he said beginning to unzip her dress.

Jackie unbuttoned his shirt as their lips locked. "Mrs. Kennedy, I would wait a lifetime for you," Jack whispered in Jackie's ear.

After the intimacy had ended and they had taken a nap, Jackie threw on jeans and a sweater and drove to the local grocery store to buy ingredients for dinner. When she got back, Jack was sitting in the living room freshly showered.

He smiled at Jackie as she started dinner. "That was worth waiting for, Jack, for both of us. I love you."

Jack stood up and walked over to Jackie and wrapped her in his arms, "You know what?"

"What?"

"I love you too."