Chapter 38

Jack spun around to face a nurse holding a baby all bundled up in blue, "Mr. Kennedy, you have a healthy baby boy."

   The nurse placed the baby in his arms, "How's my wife?"

   "She did great. They're just sewing her up right now. You can see her shortly. For now, you can get to know your son."

   "What's his name going to be?" Bobby asked looking over Jack's shoulder.

   "Harrison Joseph Kennedy," Jack responded looking at Bobby and smiling.

   "That's a great name. Hi, Harry. I'm you're Uncle Bobby."

   "Jackie's going to be thrilled when she sees him."

   After a few minutes, Jack was able to see Jackie and introduce her to their son. Jackie cried when Jack placed the baby in her arms, "Jack, I won't lie. I didn't think this moment would happen after everything we've been through."

   "I know," Jack whispered as he smoothed Harrison's hair down, "Harrison, we love you so much."

   "We're going with Harrison then?" Jackie asked looking at her husband.

   "Anything you want."

   They spent a few tender moments with just the small family of three. Later on, all of the Kennedys came to see the baby and check on Jackie. After years and years of hardships, tragedies, and sadness, Jack and Jackie were finally granted the miracle for which they had long for such a long time.