Chapter 23

The next few days passed quickly with Jackie taking care of Jack. One night, Jackie was helping Jack into bed, "How are you feeling?" Jackie asked as he moaned.

   "Like hell. Jackie, I've been thinking. Can we not tell my family about the Addison's for awhile?"

   "I'll do whatever you want, Jack."

   "Let's just wait. They've been through so much. I don't want to tell them this now." Once Jack was laying down, he grabbed Jackie's hand and pulled her down next to him. She kissed his cheek,

   "Goodnight, Jack."

   "Goodnight, Kid. I'll see you tomorrow."

   The next morning Joe and the boys arrived. "Jackie's cooking breakfast!" Teddy exclaimed when they walked in.

   "Good morning, Ted! How was your trip?"

   "It was fun."

   "Hey, Bob. How are you?"

   "I'm well and how are you?"

   "Excellent. Joe!" Jackie exclaimed as she hugged him.

   "How are you, Jackie?" Joe smiled embracing her.

   "I'm wonderful. How do waffles sound for breakfast?"

   "Excellent."

   Jackie then walked back to Jack's room and knocked on the door, "Jack, up and at 'em. Breakfast will be ready." She cracked the door open and saw him struggling with his back brace, "Let me help you with that."

   "Thank you. What's for breakfast?"

   Jackie yanked on his back brace to make it snap and then answered, "Waffles."

   "Yum."

   "Alright, are you feeling alright?"

   "Tired, but I'm good."

   Jackie walked out of his room and then Jack followed. "Good morning, Johnny," Joe smiled, "How was your weekend?"

   "Long and boring," Jack lied.

   Jackie pinched his elbow and he grinned at her. Jack sat down slowly at the table and then all of the other men sat. "Here you go, bon apetit!"

   "Merci!" Bobby replied and Jackie patted him on the shoulder.

   "You remembered some of the French I taught you."

   "I listen sometimes."

   Jackie smiled and then took a seat at the table between Bobby and Jack. "So, how is everything?"

   "Fantastic, Jackie," Joe replied.

   Jackie smiled and the five of them chowed down.